Please help! Husband relapsed with ascites and will start Erbitux and irenotican

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Naniconi
Facebook Username: Connie

Please help! Husband relapsed with ascites and will start Erbitux and irenotican

Postby Naniconi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi
We finally got a consult at City of Hope.
We saw Dr Marwan Fakih.
My husband was never tested by our local onc for MSI or TMB. The recent genetic blood test was not sent to Foundation One.
He received Keytruda X 1 ordered by the local oncologist basing from that test. So Dr Fakih ordered to start Erbitux and Irenotican q 2 weeks starts tomorrow, Foundation one genetic tests from his tissue sample and or ascitic fluid. My husband is so depress, our daughter is getting married in August and he’s very scared he won’t make it to that date. He has ascites and feels like it’s getting worse. For those on erbitux and irenotican, do or did you have ascites too, how long you’ve been on them and
What are the side effects?
Thank you so much for your help.
Naniconi
naniconi caregiver to husband 68 y/o
Dxd 12/11 stage 3 CC
Surgery 1/12
Folfox 1/12 to 7/12
Carcinomatosis 5/14
Folfiri Avastin 5/14 up 1/19
Ascites 1/19
Will start Keytruda

Nordy1

Re: Please help! Husband relapsed with ascites and will start Erbitux and irenotican

Postby Nordy1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:14 am

Hi Naniconi

I'm so sorry to hear of this turn of events, I cant give you any information on your situation but I wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and your family. The time span during new diagnosis or new discoveries along the way when you don't have all the answers is incredibly hard. For myself I think the uncertainty is far harder then the treatments, I function better when I have a plan or at least know the plan and all the details (side affects) around the plan - it gives me the illusion of control.

Does your husband have the ability to speak to someone about the depression? After reaching out here on the board and reading through some posts I can see a lot of people struggle with it, I'm trying to set up an appointment through our treatment center here to speak to someone myself.

Praying for your family
Nordy
jan 2018 emergency room via ambulance rectal bleeding event
dx Feb 2018 sigmoid adenocarcinoma 2.5 cm, 3 small extranodal foci resected march 2018
stage 3A T1 n1c
multiple indeterminent nodes in liver, lungs and kidney
11 rounds folfox with oxyplatin stopped with full nephropathy of hands and feet
currently waiting next scan in Feb. 2019

Naniconi
Facebook Username: Connie

Re: Please help! Husband relapsed with ascites and will start Erbitux and irenotican

Postby Naniconi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:53 pm

Hi Nordy 1,
Thank you so much for your reply and for your prayers. He has a referral to see a therapist, hopefully that might help.
I include everyone in this colon club in my daily prayers.
Naniconi
naniconi caregiver to husband 68 y/o
Dxd 12/11 stage 3 CC
Surgery 1/12
Folfox 1/12 to 7/12
Carcinomatosis 5/14
Folfiri Avastin 5/14 up 1/19
Ascites 1/19
Will start Keytruda

CrossfitChick1980

Postby CrossfitChick1980 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:36 pm

My husband had ascites prior to trying Folfiri again with Avastin. It seemed like he was better for a few days, with reduction in lymphedema and ascites. However, it was only temporary as he declined pretty rapidly after starting folfiri. He had quite a bit of anxiety so Ativan was our friend during his last days. I know there are a few on here who have had ascites but chemo helped....
Caregiver to DH dx with Adenocarcinoma of Small Intestine
Mar14- Small Bowel Resection (dx @31)
May14-Oct14: Folfox
Apr15- Liver mets
Jun15- Xeloda/Oxalyplatin
Oct15- Folfiri/Avastin
Dec15- Liver Mets, lymph nodes shrinking.
Apr16- Liver mets gone! lymph nodes stable
Jun16- Avastin/Xeloda (MSS, KRAS)
Jul16- Maintenance Chemo
Jun18- Cancer is back in liver
Sep18- Lonsurf
Oct18- Therasphere txment (failed)
Dec18- Folfiri/Avastin
Dec 22 2018- He is no longer suffering- My Love is sleeping in Peace

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”