Been a bit since I’ve stopped by. Wanted to update anyone interested on my latest CT scans and what I’ve been doing of late on this journey. If you’ve been following my other posts, I started a clinical trial sponosered by Abbvie in December (fyi, did not get randomized to trial drug). This was the result of discovering:
• several new mets in liver within a couple of months of my 1st liver resection last July (2018)
• two new mets, 2 enlarged lymph nodes, suspicious peritoneal soft tissue after 4 more rounds of Folfox + Avastin beginning October 2018
I also have to add that I started taking both CBD and THC pure cannabis oils beginning January 9th 2019. So here’s what we learned today:
• Generally speaking, shrinkage across the board with the exception of two liver mets (oncologist is not convinced she see’s growth. It’s slight it might be the CT scan margins)
• Suspicious peritoneal soft tissue is stable. Oncologist actually thinks it looks smaller.
• 1 lymph node shrunk, 1 lymph node is slightly enlarged
• No new spots anywhere else, including my pesky liver
So overall, good news indeed. Can’t say for sure what the cannabis is doing in terms of actually targeting cancer cells. I’m still micro-dosing and building up tolerance. What I can say is that the oils completely eliminated my chemo side-effects within a couple of days. In fact, I kept waiting for my two “bad” chemo days after I take my pump off. Nothing. Nada. Zip. No nausea, no loss of appetite (the opposite, actually), no pains, no neuropathy, no consitpation, no cold sensitivity.
Hope this is helpful to some/any of you.
42 yr, male, husband and father of 3
DX Stage IV Colon Cancer Jan 2018
Multiple liver mets
KRAS G13D / MSS
Jan 2018 Partial colon resection
Mar 2018 FOLFOX + Avastin | CEA 60.1
July 2018 Partial liver resection | CEA 4.7
Sep 2018 Recurrence in liver | CEA 2.9
Oct 2018 FOLFOX + Avastin
Nov 2018 Stopping FOLFOX. New mets | CEA 4.3
Dec 2018 Beginning AbbVie ABT-165 Trial