Rectal pressure

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
JBell550

Rectal pressure

Postby JBell550 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi again,

Is rectal pressure normal with a large colon polyp?

I had colonoscopy 5 days ago, so one large polyp confirmed (3cm) but biopsy tot back yet.

Since the colonoscopy the rectal pressure has been bad, sore to sit down for too long and a feeling of bowel fullness. Thinking about it I have been having pain in this area for around 7 months- I even had my tailbone xrayed.

Has anyone else experienced this when the polyp was in the colon rather than the rectum?

Thanks again.

J x

del

Re: Rectal pressure

Postby del » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:31 pm

What did your doctor say after you had the x-ray? I wouldn't think a polyp would cause pain, especially if it's further up in the colon. But you mentioned in another thread that you have diverticulitis, and I believe that can cause some pain.
Male, 33 @ dx, stage 1 RC (T1N0M0 mod. diff. 0/29 LNs)
2016-02 - Cancerous polyp removed during colonscopy, 0.5 mm margin
2016-03 - ULAR & TME surgery, temp ileostomy
2016-04 - DVT, pulmonary embolism
2016-11 - Ileostomy reversal
2018-10 - Another DVT & PE
2021 - 5 years of clean scopes/scans/bloods

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:08 pm

del wrote: . . . But you mentioned in another thread that you have diverticulitis, and I believe that can cause some pain.

Agree. Many many moons ago my mother ended up in the ER, rectal bleeding and serious stomach pain (she was 55-57 yrs old). They did a colonoscopy, no cancer, not even one polyp just a bad case of diverticulitis. Me I had no pain. Due to my bleeding hemorrhoids, Dr ran a bunch of tests including a test to check for anemia. I was in the high end of normal. No blood in my stools. Believe me, I had no symptons, no issues. It was a SHOCK to learn I was a stage III. As I've stated before, for many of us, that colonoscopy was the first sign of cancer.

I will pass this info along, if you do have diverticulitis, you probably should be screened more often the the average risk, as inflammation in the GI tact can lead to colon cancer.

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

JBell550

Postby JBell550 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:20 am

The GI doctor said the diverticulitis was 'slight after colonoscopy. It was discovered after a CT 5 years ago and has never been followed up with a colonoscopy until now. (I was told that most people my age had it, that it was nothing to worry about, handed a leaflet about diet and sent home). I'm wondering why this polyp wasn't picked up at that CT.

JBell550

Postby JBell550 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:21 am

The GI doctor said the diverticulitis was 'slight after colonoscopy. It was discovered after a CT 5 years ago and has never been followed up with a colonoscopy until now. (I was told that most people my age had it, that it was nothing to worry about, handed a leaflet about diet and sent home). I'm wondering why this polyp wasn't picked up at that CT.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:47 am

JBell550 wrote: . . . I'm wondering why this polyp wasn't picked up at that CT.

Probably because it was too small. That is why they do colonoscopies, a CT scan does not generally pick up polyps that I am aware of.

How old are you? When my mother was diagnosed with diverticulitis, I was told I would probably have it in about 20 yrs. Twenty yrs later, no diverticulitis, just stage III rectal cancer. Go figure :roll:

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”