High biluribin ?!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Educator
Facebook Username: Ebru köse

High biluribin ?!

Postby Educator » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:16 am

My husband started chemo last night his eyes looked yellow . We went to hosp. His test shows biluribin rates high. Do you know why ? We are waiting ct scann
Caregiver of husband
Stage 4 rectum ca 14 dec 2017
Chemo 3 rounds vectibix
Pet ;10 mm met in liver
MRI; 1-4 mets in liver
Chemo 3 rounds
Pet ;NED
MRI ;1-5 mets in liver
6 rounds chemo
Pet;Ned
MRI; shows Unoperable liver mets ( 10-15)
6 rounds chemo ( pills changed)
Pet shows 1,4 cm and 1,7 cm mets in liver
MRI shows 5 mets
Planned chemo
Wellcome 2019

Deb m

Re: High biluribin ?!

Postby Deb m » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:08 am

My husband also had high bilirubin rates while undergoing chemo. They kept an eye on it and after chemo, within several months, they came back down. Our oncologist said that my husbands liver didn't like the chemo. He really never had any problems and his eyes too were jaundice at times. I hope it's the same case with you. We were able to complete all of his chemo cycles without interruption despite these high levels. As I said, I hope it's the same situation with you.

deb m

Brearmstrong

Postby Brearmstrong » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:15 pm

I too have high biluribin issues since starting xeloda pills. My liver enzyme numbers are in normal range but that dang bilirubin keeps going up. My oncologist is not too concerned but when I asked him could it be a tumor pressing on the bile duct and not showing up on CT scan, he said it might be but in that case it would likely would be causing the enzyme numbers to also increase. It's frustrating and that along with my continual low WBC kept me off LOW dose xeloda the past 4 weeks. I think my body is just getting tired of 2 years of folfox then folfiri and now xeloda. I hope you find some answers and that it's nothing to worry about.

-Brenda
50 F diag 1/17
Muc Adeno 4cm
mod diff G2 T4aN2
nodes 8/50
CEA 4.6 after surgery <.05
KRAS G12D MSS
FOLFOX Apr-sep 17
Nov 17 PET p aortic nodes Stage IV
Folfori w/avastin
May 18 surgery on nodes xeloda 2yr
Aug 18-May 20 NED
July 20 hysterectomy
July 21 vats right lung
Clinical trial- failed liver Mets biopsy shows now poorly differentiated carcinoma.
HAI pump at MSK may 2022
Nov met to pancreas- causing pain
Radiation ablation to pancreas Dec 22
New lung Mets watch and wait

Educator

Postby Educator » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:14 am

Deb m wrote:My husband also had high bilirubin rates while undergoing chemo. They kept an eye on it and after chemo, within several months, they came back down. Our oncologist said that my husbands liver didn't like the chemo. He really never had any problems and his eyes too were jaundice at times. I hope it's the same case with you. We were able to complete all of his chemo cycles without interruption despite these high levels. As I said, I hope it's the same situation with you.

deb m

Thanks Deb. I hope . First ı was scared but it isnt easy situation. He started 21. Round chemo. So it is normal.
Caregiver of husband
Chemo 3 rounds vectibix
Pet ;10 mm met in liver
MRI; 1-4 mets in liver
Chemo 3 rounds
Pet ;NED
MRI ;1-5 mets in liver
6 rounds chemo
Pet;Ned
MRI shows 5 mets
Planned chemo
Wellcome 2019

Educator

Postby Educator » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:22 am

Brearmstrong wrote:I too have high biluribin issues since starting xeloda pills. My liver enzyme numbers are in normal range but that dang bilirubin keeps going up. My oncologist is not too concerned but when I asked him could it be a tumor pressing on the bile duct and not showing up on CT scan, he said it might be but in that case it would likely would be causing the enzyme numbers to also increase. It's frustrating and that along with my continual low WBC kept me off LOW dose xeloda the past 4 weeks. I think my body is just getting tired of 2 years of folfox then folfiri and now xeloda. I hope you find some answers and that it's nothing to worry about.

-Brenda

Thanks Brenda. Yes this is frustating little. You are good warriors.ı hope and know everything gonna be good. Doctors searching this . Waiting
Caregiver of husband
Chemo 3 rounds vectibix
Pet ;10 mm met in liver
MRI; 1-4 mets in liver
Chemo 3 rounds
Pet ;NED
MRI ;1-5 mets in liver
6 rounds chemo
Pet;Ned
MRI shows 5 mets
Planned chemo
Wellcome 2019

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”