Transverse Colon Prolapse/Pelvic Floor Prolapse

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Songbird7
Facebook Username: Maxine6

Transverse Colon Prolapse/Pelvic Floor Prolapse

Postby Songbird7 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi to everyone,
I searched this forum and also Colon Talk itself and I can't find anything about what I have? I have been to so many doctors about this diagnosis and have gotten different answers. I started with Diviticulitis several times and ended up in the hospital with a blockage or semi-blockage. The constipation had to do with pain medication for all the disk and other problems with my back due to slip and falls, which were not caused by me. That caused the back problem. Then the constipation (from what I've been told) caused the colon to stretch and drop into the pelvic floor and also made it longer. Now it's affecting my bladder for some reason as it's not emptying all the way and I keep getting UTI's with 2 cases of Sepsis and being in ICU twice, didn't even know who I was. I don't know what is causing what, the bladder or the colon. They don't recommend Colon surgery at this point, but due to the problems with stool issues, I can't go a lot of places as I have no control of it. I've tried different things that they have told me to do. The Miralax, Linzess and a laxative every now and then if I haven't gone in 4 days. Had all kinds of test to rule out things and now either the bladder or colon (can't find out which) is causing severe pain in the Sigmoid area or the side way above where the two colon's meet. My stomach is hanging down past my going area, looks terrible and is putting strain on my back, that is causing more pain.

I don't know if I'm on the right forum for this problem or not, but I sure need help. I don't know what else to do and I'm sick of going through all these test and going from doctor to doctor. One surgeon in the very beginning came in and said, "Oh we need to remove the whole colon." We just sat there in disbelief and I told him, "No, you're kidding me!"

The only suggestion that I've been given to strengthen the Pelvic Floor is exercises, but even with that, it will never go back to it's original shape. My urologist, who I see again next week is going to talk to me about the UTI infections and other things to get the bladder to empty. I'm so frustrated right now. I know this is nothing compared to the post that I have read on people dealing with colon cancer and my heart goes out to them. If I'm on the wrong site, my feelings won't be hurt to know that.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me, if you deal with anything like this.

Songbird7

MissMolly

Re: Transverse Colon Prolapse/Pelvic Floor Prolapse

Postby MissMolly » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:50 pm

Songbird:
My hunch is that very few individuals on this forum will have a relevant experience similar to your own.

Pelvic floor dysfunction can be a lonely and disabling condition.

I can suggest that you visit the United Ostomy Association of America forum (UOAA) and post as you have done here. Make your post on the General Section of the UOAA forum, as this sub-forum gets the most foot-traffic and wider member audience.

Temporary or permanent ostomies are an option for individuals with pelvic floor dysfunction. An intestinal diversion gives an intestine that has become overly dilated or stretched opportunity to rest and decompress. An intestinal diversion can also be employed when constipation or diarrhea seriously erodes one’s quality of life (incontinence of bowel or bladder; recurrent infections due to retained urine or recess, “leaky gut” syndrome).

There are a few active members of the UOAA who have pelvic floor dysfunction as their primary contributing condition. A member with the on-line name “Diane C” is someone you may want to reach out to. Diane C is an engaged and vocal advocate for the pelvic floor community, pelvic floor dysfunction and sigmoid colon narrowing affecting her since childhood. She is on a personal mission, of sorts, to help others similarly afflicted and to raise awareness.

Here is the website: www.uoaa.org
Karen
Dear friend to Bella Piazza, former Colon Club member (NWGirl).
I have a permanent ileostomy and offer advice on living with an ostomy - in loving remembrance of Bella
I am on Palliative Care for broad endocrine failure + Addison's disease + osteonecrosis of both hips/jaw + immunosuppression. I live a simple life due to frail health.

Songbird7

Postby Songbird7 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi Miss Molly,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I will do as you suggested and check the other site and also read the other members comments also.

Songbird7

stu

Postby stu » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:16 am

Hi ,
My sister has something similar but maybe due to other reasons . A difficult labour and maybe other issues . For her bladder they put a tape in which has been super for her for the last ten years but others have experienced adverse side effects and are no longer in use over here . Her Bowel is very sensitive and causes her issues . She had gained weight and I have encouraged her to exercise. We regularly go walking now and it’s helping relieve some of the pressure issues . She is realistic in knowing it may not achieve it all but it’s helping .
She is currently being referred back for further investigations so I will feedback in due course .
One thing you might want to check out as it happens to me is the infections . I had taken several episodes of bleeding which I thought was UTI but it was actually more irritation of the bladder lining due to a slight prolapse. I can’t remember off the top of my head what the condition is called but I treat it with anti inflammatory and antihistamine not antibiotics . You might like to make sure you are actually treating an infection . It presents similarly but every time I am tested there is no sign of an actual infection. Just a thought .
Take care ,
Court
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

stu

Postby stu » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:17 am

Hi ,
My sister has something similar but maybe due to other reasons . A difficult labour and maybe other issues . For her bladder they put a tape in which has been super for her for the last ten years but others have experienced adverse side effects and are no longer in use over here . Her Bowel is very sensitive and causes her issues . She had gained weight and I have encouraged her to exercise. We regularly go walking now and it’s helping relieve some of the pressure issues . She is realistic in knowing it may not achieve it all but it’s helping .
She is currently being referred back for further investigations so I will feedback in due course .
One thing you might want to check out as it happens to me is the infections . I had taken several episodes of bleeding which I thought was UTI but it was actually more irritation of the bladder lining due to a slight prolapse. I can’t remember off the top of my head what the condition is called but I treat it with anti inflammatory and antihistamine not antibiotics . You might like to make sure you are actually treating an infection . It presents similarly but every time I am tested there is no sign of an actual infection. Just a thought .
Take care ,
Court
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

Songbird7

Postby Songbird7 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi Miss Molly,

Thanks for the helpful information. I will definitely go to the other website and post my information in hopes of getting some help in this matter.
I'm so glad that I finally posted here and now you have suggested another site to get help, along with the name of a person on here that can help also.

Thanks,

Songbird7

MissMolly

Postby MissMolly » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:21 pm

Songbird:
I left a message for “Diane C” on the UOAA forum to be on the watch for a new thead/post from you. Compose on the General Forum. A post on any of the other options (temporary diversion and reversal forum; irrigation forum; young adults’ forum) may go unnoticed as they have few viewers/foot traffic. The General Forum of the UOAA has the widest audience.

You can also send “Diane C” a personal message on the UOaa forum.

www.uoaa.org

Diane C has been thinking of authoring a book about her trials and tribulations of a lifetime of pelvic floor dysfunction and limited understanding by clinicians/physicians. She is genuinely passionate about helping others who grapple with pelvic floor problems.
Karen
Dear friend to Bella Piazza, former Colon Club member (NWGirl).
I have a permanent ileostomy and offer advice on living with an ostomy - in loving remembrance of Bella
I am on Palliative Care for broad endocrine failure + Addison's disease + osteonecrosis of both hips/jaw + immunosuppression. I live a simple life due to frail health.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”