Colon Mass Pain subsided

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Maggie Nell

Re: Colon Mass Pain subsided

Postby Maggie Nell » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:10 pm

One of my great-grammies was a Bentley. We might be shirt-tail cousins
nth removed, mob. :shock: :lol:
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

Yvana1

Postby Yvana1 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:20 pm

Sure hope you are getting your PET results tomorrow. I remember hearing they can have those ready very quickly. Having pain and not knowing why is very disconcerting. If you are having pain on the right side that is the ascending colon. That is the beginning of the large intestine and it is much more stretchy than the other end. This allows things to pass by a mass if it isn’t too large but it doesn’t feel good. I think the pain coming and going had more to do with how hard the body was working to get the food moved along. Cruciferous veggies were terrible. One of my worst attacks was after eating raw broccoli. I had been thinking the pain was from gallbladder so I was trying to avoid fats and eat healthy foods but gaseous foods and high fibre set off more cramping attacks than anything. So for low residue avoid high Fiber and eat things that digest easily and completely.
Please update us with your results.

Thank you for your experience with cruciferous and your advice! The problem I have is that the pain I am experiencing doesn't seem to be related to whether I've eaten or not, but I am definitely going to take the advice for the low-fiber/low-residue diet. The surgeon's did not get the Pet results today - sigh - But then again, I guess one part of me is not so anxious to find out... :|
Female

Yvana1

Postby Yvana1 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:22 pm

Maggie Nell wrote:This is a resource from Bowel Cancer Australia on low-residue diet.

https://www.bowelcanceraustralia.org/lo ... -residue-2

You can find more with a Google search, Yvana1

https://www.hdft.nhs.uk/content/uploads ... tients.pdf

Thank you for the resources Maggie.
Female

Yvana1

Postby Yvana1 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:28 pm

mobrouser wrote:Yvana, I hope you get good results from your PET and colonoscopy, but am also happy to see that if not surgery is scheduled for the next day.

I suffered intermittent pain for a year before diagnosis.
I started a blog months ago on Blogspot to document my story, just never got past the first post. You can read it here, if you wish - http://youcannevertrustafart.blogspot.com/.
I may start adding to it again.....

8) mob

Thank you for that! Yours is about the 4th I've heard that had intermittent pain as well so it is not unheard of. Of course it's still not 100% diagnosis yet for me but my instincts are that it is CC. Great blog post and funny bits LOL :lol: ! You must add to it (I wanted to read more). Stay well
Female

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”