My CRC with liver mets journey

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Claudine

Re: My CRC with liver mets journey

Postby Claudine » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:08 pm

My husband had 6 rounds of Xelox as mop up and it did not work at all, sometimes I even wonder if it made his body weaker and allowed the cancer to spread! He's scheduled for surgery on February 11 and the oncologist isn't planning to resume chemo afterwards, unless his CEA levels go up. I know I'll be nervous about this, but at the same time, why continue chemo and risk developing resistance? If he's off, then hopefully he'll still react positively to Folfiri should cancer crop up somewhere else in his body...
So much we do not know about this disease!
Wife of Dx 04/18 (51 yo). MSS, KRAS G12A
No primary (involuted?)
Lytic tumor L4 vertebrae, EBRT radiation 04/18, SBRT 02/19
Resection small intestine 05/18 (no cancer found - Crohn's)
Failed adjuvant Xelox
Folfiri + Avastin since 03/19
6.7 cm left adrenal mass 03/19, 3.67 cm 12/19, successful resection 02/20
CEA since 03/19: high 58, low 3.2, now 10.2
Scan 03/19: Multiple small lung nodules up to 5mm
Scan 12/19: 2 calcified granulomas, one 1mm stable nodule

juliej

Re: My CRC with liver mets journey

Postby juliej » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:08 pm

ginabeewell wrote:The drain is out! And, like yours, my body just sort of pushed it right out when they went to remove it. I wore a tight dress to the office today for the first time in three months. Yippee!

I hear you! Getting that damn drain out was one of the happiest days of my life! :D :D :D

ginabeewell wrote:As the calendar slipped away while we were waiting on chemo for my drains to be out, I started to get more and more stressed about not starting my mop up chemo. And now that I know I won't have it, I'm sort of terrified - but I know part of the issue is that chemo gives a false sense of confidence that you're at least doing something. I just have to keep reminding myself that the confidence is false.

The other thing to remember is that you're being monitored very closely. Every two months Dr K will be checking to see if there is the teensiest indication of something wrong. And if there is, she'll deal with it immediately! So - deep breath - your job is just to be as healthy as you can be so your immune system stays strong.

Juliej
Stage IVb, liver/lung mets 8/4/2010
Xelox+Avastin 8/18/10 to 10/21/2011
LAR, liver resec, HAI pump 11/2011
Adjuvant Irinotecan + FUDR
Double lung surgery + ileo reversal 2/2012
Adjuvant FUDR + Xeloda
VATS rt. lung 12/2012 - benign granuloma!
VATS left lung 11/2013
NED 11/22/13 to 12/18/2019, CEA<1

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”