My CRC with liver mets journey

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
AlexandraZ

Re: My CRC with liver mets journey

Postby AlexandraZ » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:19 am

So good to hear an update from you, Gina! Sorry this recovery is taking longer. But man, your body has been through a lot this year! I hope you have lots of cozy plans this Christmas. Honestly, Jesper and I had a pretty cozy time during this last chemo. Christmas movies on Netflix, lots of candles because it starts getting dark around 3pm here, and lots of warm drinks. Sounds like your lake house is the perfect place for that.

Hugs and stars to you from Copenhagen
Boyfriend 28yo dx February 2019, CEA 70,480
Stage 4 CRC with multiple mets to liver & lungs
KRAS, NRAS, BRAF wild type, MSS
12x FOLFIRI + Vectibix
September 2019 CEA 210, 60% reduction in size, chemo break!

ginabeewell

Postby ginabeewell » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Well, over Thanksgiving weekend, I decided to go back to work the following week - no matter how I felt. I was really starting to get mad at myself and being alone at home didn’t help.

Not sure if it was the act of returning or the fact that I was suddenly 7 weeks out, but I FINALLY feel human again. My appetite was ok for most of the week; then on Thursday i was actually hungry, repeatedly, throughout the day.

This past Friday I had a drain replacement procedure. And Dr Kingham wanted to look for a bile duct leak and put a drain in there too - he’s not happy with the amount still coming out of my drains. Well, the surgeon couldn’t find it, so I woke up to news of there needing to be another procedure - where they go in via endoscopy and put a stent in where my bile duct meets my stomach.

I was there today for follow ups and a meeting with Kemeny to discuss this - and they managed to get the second procedure scheduled tomorrow morning! So we are sticking in NY to get that done.

Dr Kemeny confirmed my last scan was clear, so she’s not worried about me taking time to heal. Sounds like chemo would resume after the holidays. So our trip to Instanbul looks like it’s on! And plenty of holiday eating to get my weight up. : )
45 year old mom of twins (8) and lucky stepmom of 14 and 16 year olds
9/17/18 DX stage 4 CRC w inoperable liver mets
9/20/18 CEA 931
10/1/18 FOLFOX + Vectibix planned 12 rounds
12/12/18 CT scan showed typhlitis (7 days in hospital) but largest met down to 5 cm. Chemo holiday.
12/26/18 CEA 4.6
1/14/18 Resume chemo (#6-8)
3/27/19 HAI pump placement / colon resection
4/8/19 Resume chemo (#9-19) FOLFOX (no OX) + Vectibix
5/20/19 CEA 1.3
7/19/19 1st liver resection
10/16/19 2nd liver resection

stu

Postby stu » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:44 pm

I would love to go there . I watch a lot of TV shows based there .
Glad to hear your good news . Have a great time .
Stu
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”