Pressure in rectum. PLEASE HELP.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mrhttp

Pressure in rectum. PLEASE HELP.

Postby mrhttp » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi. First time here. This seems like a good place to ask. Im a 36-year-old male. Always had digestive problems recently worsened. Started having prostatitis followed by what seems like IBS.
Eventually decided to do Colonoscopy / Endoscopy. Everything mostly fine except for some small internal hemorrhoids. Its been like 7 months since the colonoscopy and I started developing excessive flatulence.
This has started about 2 months ago and keeps happening still. I have taken antibiotics to kill the bad bacteria and have been taking probiotics since. My bowel consistency is always changing. But mostly soft. No constipation. I don't have blood in my stool either and have checked my stool for parasites as well.

My problem right now is i feel trapped gas in the rectal area. Like its under my tailbone. its very unpleasant. And even after i pass gas it feels like it comes back after few minutes. More so unpleasant if I sit. I am terrified that it might be colorectal cancer. I read that pressure in the rectum and different bowel habits are some of the symptoms. Its only been 7 months since my colonoscopy and it said colon flora is fine and no abnormalities in the rectum. I read its ill adviced to go for colonoscopy again so soon. I don't have bloating in the abdomen or anywhere. Mostly gas passes freely. But some days i get this trapped feeling and it doesn't pass. But I am in full out panic so that can contribute it.

If you had a similar experience please let me know. Im way to panicked and obsessed about this. Planning my funeral and such. Help.

KimT

Re: Pressure in rectum. PLEASE HELP.

Postby KimT » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:10 am

Perhaps you need to talk to somebody about your anxiety. You already know you don’t have colon cancer. You have had a colonoscopy to confirm this. What may or may not be going on with you is not colon cancer.

I don’t mind questions from people who don’t have cancer but understand this is a board of colon cancer patients, survivors and loved ones. Have a little sensitivity when you post here. To say you are planning your funeral is a slap in the face to those with late stage colon cancer. Dying of this disease is a real possibility for them.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

heiders33

Postby heiders33 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:39 am

You may have some form of IBS - have you been diagnosed with this? Try drinking fennel tea to help with passing gas. Try other natural probiotics like yogurt and kefir and kombucha. You don’t have colorectal cancer so don’t panic. It’s slow-growing and wouldn’t form so soon after your colonoscopy. Also even if it were it’s not an automatic death sentence. Be glad you don’t have it!
40 year-old female
May 2017: Dx rectal cancer T3N2M0
MSS, KRAS G12D
6/17: 28 days chemorad
9/17: LAR/loop ileostomy, CAPOX six rounds
3/18: reversal
9/18: liver met, resection/HAI pump, 11 rounds 5FU, 1 round FUDR
11/19 - local recurrence, brachytherapy, 3 weeks targeted radiation
12/21 - end colostomy

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:55 pm

I would try abdominal massage, walking around and heat for gas and bloating. Good luck!
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”