Daily enema question - new member

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
sensitive

Daily enema question - new member

Postby sensitive » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:34 pm

I know this is a very old forum, but I'm just getting started on the daily enema routine. CRP's posts were a major source of inspiration in this regard, but I'm trying to figure out how he got to be so efficient with it. Anyone know how to get in contact with him?

CRguy

Re: Daily enema question - new member

Postby CRguy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Welcome to the forum
( please note we moved your question to its own topic for better response by active members )

try this search link of more recent topics which deal with daily enema
search.php?keywords=daily+enema&fid%5B0%5D=1
Many members still post regularly into these.

( you can try to click on CRP's profile page containing links to PMs or email, if authorized.
As a new member you will need a few more posts before sending PMs on the forum )

best wishes
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi and welcome,

I don't do enemas as I have a permanent colostomy, butt if you input "daily enemas" in the top left search engine, you should be able to get a lot of information that way.

There are many people here who do daily enemas with great success. Hopefully one of them will see this thread. If not wait until after Thanksgiving holiday (Sunday) and start a new thread.

Good luck,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

CRP

Postby CRP » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:33 pm

I am the developer (CRP) of the lowrectalcancer.com web site. The site was developed to give people like yourself an option to a colostomy and LARS. I have been doing a "daily enema" since 1997 (almost 8000). When I originally posted on Colon Talk there was little interest in the daily enema concept. I noticed that a search of the Colon Talk now has 647 hits for "daily+enema". Somehow the medical community is starting to accept this as an alternative to drugs and diet. Don't know how much influence either my original posting on Colon Talk in 2007 or the my web site has had on the few people who have started this routine. I hope that there are many people who may not post on Colon Talk have benefited from this option.

susie0915
Facebook Username: Susan DeGrazia Hostetter

Postby susie0915 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:02 pm

CRP wrote:I am the developer (CRP) of the lowrectalcancer.com web site. The site was developed to give people like yourself an option to a colostomy and LARS. I have been doing a "daily enema" since 1997 (almost 8000). When I originally posted on Colon Talk there was little interest in the daily enema concept. I noticed that a search of the Colon Talk now has 647 hits for "daily+enema". Somehow the medical community is starting to accept this as an alternative to drugs and diet. Don't know how much influence either my original posting on Colon Talk in 2007 or the my web site has had on the few people who have started this routine. I hope that there are many people who may not post on Colon Talk have benefited from this option.

I have read your website many times and have recommended it to others who suffer from LARS and want to begin a daily enema regimen. I have been doing daily tap water enemas for 2 years. It was recommended to me by a GI from the University of Michigan Bowel Control Clinic. It has been a game changer for me. It does take a little time to become comfortable with them and develop a routine that works with your schedule and physical capabilities. I belong to the LARS group on facebook, and many have incorporated the daily enema into their routine. You are right, medical professionals are now getting on board with irrigation as a valid solution to LARS sufferers. Your website provides really good information and explains the benefits and reason why enemas work so well. Thank you.
58 yrs old Dx @ 55
5/15 DX T3N0MO
6/15 5 wks chemo/rad
7/15 sigmoidoscopy/only scar tissue left
8/15 PET scan NED
9/15 LAR
0/24 nodes
10/15 blockage. surgery,early ileo rev, c-diff inf :(
12/15 6 rds of xelox
5/16 CT lung scarring/inflammation
9/16 clear colonoscopy
4/17 C 4mm lung nod