Confused Stage2 or Stage3

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Deb m

Re: Confused Stage2 or Stage3

Postby Deb m » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Yes, My husband had several lymph nodes light up and were enlarged on the pet scan before surgery. They were nodes along the lilac chain. The surgeon was able to remove them along with his cecum and ascending colon. Pathology report came back with all those lymph nodes being cancer FREE!.. We were concerned that they missed something in the pathology, so we had everything sent to MDA, they did their own pathology on the nodes and tumor and surrounding tissue, and they confirmed that the nodes were free of cancer. Nodes can light up and become enlarged from infection, which they think was the case in my husbands situation. My husband , at diagnosis had an elevated WBC of 20,000.

I do hope that they are not cancerous.
Debbie

Russian27

Re: Confused Stage2 or Stage3

Postby Russian27 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:11 am

I was CT scanned before surgery. The report mentioned enlarged lymph nodes around the tumor. I didn’t have chemo or radiation before surgery. Post-op pathology report said all 16 lymph nodes were negative. However my tumor grew through the colon wall, made a large deposit into my peritoneal wall and omentum. I was stage IV even with the negative lymph nodes.
Dx at 39(12/2008), Stage IV, omentum mets,
0/16 lymph nodes positive,
right colectomy 1/2009,
FOLFOX + avastin 2/2009-7/2009
Thank You Colonclub! 2015

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”