New here. Bleeding from bum

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
sunflower007

Re: New here. Bleeding from bum

Postby sunflower007 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:04 am

Hi Everyone,

I had my colonoscopy yesterday, and I am happy to report they found nothing but internal hemorrhoids. Imagine my surprise because I felt for sure that I had at least polyps and if not polyps, than diverticulous. My GI doctor said none of it. An endoscopy was also performed which he said didn't show anything but tissue samples were taken which is standard procedure. I have had acid reflux, lots of indigestion. I can burp upwards to a 100 times in a day. All of these upper GI issues for well over 5 years. So we will see what the results of the endoscopy tissue test are. I am not expecting anything serious, I am just stating details for anyone who is reading this and needs them, as I have needed details when I was reading hundreds of stories during my scare. If anyone in the future ever comes across this post, please don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions.

So the investigation continues on why I am having lower left abdominal (almost upper left pelvic) pain. The pain is not intense and has never been. But it's there. I can't lay on my left side without feeling it so I am getting accustomed to laying on my right side. I had two ct scans and nothing showed on my left ovary or anything in that area except for a fibroid uterus. I always thought uterus was in the middle of my pelvic region but who knows, maybe it can cause pain in my left. So my the Gyno will be my next visit. Again, just stating all of this for details if anyone in the future needs them.

I still have more test to run that have nothing to do with my colon. I have had chronic high white blood count for at least 3 to 4 years that I am now finally getting tested by the hematologist. My white blood counts have not been in normal range at all during this time of the last 3 or 4 years. It varries anywhere between 11,000 to 17,000. Mostly stays in the 15,000 range. I also have upper chest muscle pain, and pain in my left upper back. Also concerning, a dry cough for the last 6 weeks. No other symptoms of infection such as cold or pneomina, I had a chest xray a few times. I don't really have allergies so why this cough is here, I don't understand. Anyway, the hematologist appt for the results for any blood cancers or what have you, is next week.

There are also other symptoms that I am having and conditions that I have in general that I am not going to even mention at this time. Again, if you want to know, just ask.

So, now time to express my sincerest grattitude to everyone here who has helped me. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. This colon cancer scare that I have been having for many months literally changed me. I found Jesus. I know this sounds very stereotypical, but none-the -less true. Before this colon cancer scare, I was a very angry, bitter, unhealthy, hateful, just ugly person on the inside and I didn't realize just how bad I become. I mean I knew, but I didn't really know the full gravity of it or wouldn't allow myself to acknowledge the full gravity of it. I took this scare to change my whole attitude around and repent for all my ugly sins. It took me facing death to change, really change, my mind, soul and heart. I am not out of the woods medically by any means but regardless of what all my test results show, my faith and walk with Jesus will not change. I am not out of the wood medically by any means, got more tests to run but no matter what the results of those test are, spiritually I am changed, even though I am in my infacy of change, I am changed and will continue to grow.

Anyway, my point in all of this, is that because of this and all of you, I am dedicated to helping anyone with cancer. These aren't just empty words either. In all my obssesive google searching of colon cancer stories, I seen too many people suffering with cancer who don't have much of a support system and barely get any help with every day things. This is where I am planning to help but will help anyone, anytime. God bless everyone.
Last edited by sunflower007 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Punky44

Postby Punky44 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:34 am

So glad everything was clear.
Caregiver to my amazing mom (68 at dx)
10/1/18 DX with rectal cancer; CEA 17
T3N2M0
Total neoadjuvant therapy:
8 rounds Folfox 11/5/18 - 2/11/19
Short course radiation 3/14/19 - 3/20/19
Robotically assisted laparoscopic LAR 3/21/19
Pathology report says yT2N0M0 with 0/38 nodes
6/28/19 Reversal and port out
CEA 2.1; 1.9; 2.6; 2.8; 2.3; 2.4; 3.0; 3.4; 3.1; 3.4; 3.0; 3.1; 2.6
Latest update: 8/21/23 Clear CT with CEA 2.6!

Me: 34, first colonoscopy 11/16/18—normal! Come back in 5 years.

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:51 pm

sunflower007 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I had my colonoscopy yesterday, and I am happy to report they found nothing but internal hemorrhoids. Imagine my surprise because I felt for sure that I had at least polyps and if not polyps, than diverticulous.

AWESOME NEWS!!! happy dance, happy dance.

Enjoy the rest of your life in NEDville!!!

Congratulation,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Deann

Postby Deann » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Great. Best wishes on solving the rest and I suppose you don't need to fret about prep night for another 10 years or so, right?? :D

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”