rectal cancer

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
baker1

rectal cancer

Postby baker1 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:54 am

hello group. My name is Al. im a 63 year old retired baker from northeast pennsylvania. i developed stage 2 crectal cancer in november of 2004. i had 35 radiation treatments. 5fu chemo port treatments for 49 days and finally in march of 2005 i had my first surgery. Dr. John Marks of Lankenau Hospital in Wynnewood PA. performed my surgery , removing my rectum, creating a new one with part of my colon and giving me a colostomy bag for recovery. In july 2005 i had reversal surgery and am still recovering. The surgery was a success and i am cancer free to this date but i am still struggling with recovery of my bowel control. I also have no direction in terms of diet and what i can and cannot eat. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to chat please feel free to message me here. Thanks for any and all input. Al.

Jen Blaire

Postby Jen Blaire » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:56 am

Hi Al, I am a stage 3 rectal cancer survivor. My saving grace when I got home after surgery was that I used balmex and baby wipes alot. I also invested in Imodium AD and Rolaids. And, I took lots of baths for the discomfort. But, otherwise I just relaxed and ate more organic foods and drank green tea. If you have any other questions I am a lover of helping.

8)
Stage III rectal cancer survivor, Age 21, and Miss September 2006 Colondar model

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”