Some odd symptoms. Anyone got any idea?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Australiansc

Some odd symptoms. Anyone got any idea?

Postby Australiansc » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:15 am

Hi all,

28/m, no family history, fairly healthy, good diet and normal weight, but unfit for the past three years (my own fault)

Very anxious and wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas. I've had some strange symptoms, spanning back a few years.

- Have always been quite a sleepy person. I've put this down to my inactivity, which being honest I haven't addressed yet. I work in an office for the most part. This week I've felt particularly sleepy. Not outrageous, but it's evident.

- I've been lactose intolerant for five or six. I'm not very strict and am often bloated/gassy

- Also sometimes have loose movements, sometimes accompanied by feeling very sick and anxious until it's 'all done'. Sometimes what you could call mucus. Again very intermittent.

- Have had intermittent bleeding for a few years now. Fresh and bright red. Often feel a sting and is aggravated by cheap TP. Assumed a particularly stubborn rhoid that flares up and bleeds then heals again.

- Had an episode nearly around 10 months ago- on holiday, after days of sitting on a bumpy bus for long periods and eating LOADS of meat for about 4 days, there was one night with LOTS of blood. Alarming amounts. It cleared up very quickly and I assumed a freshly 'damaged' hemorrhoid.

- Had a physical exam for something unrelated (ended up being prostatitis which went away with antibiotics), and was told there was an obvious 'slightly internal' hemorrhoid and told not to worry about the bleeding unless it got worse. It hasn't, but is still intermittent and associated with an expected sting.

I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid, but do you think this is something I should see about? Are the symptoms fairly indicative of a hemorrhoid in your experience?

Much appreciated, all.

Caat55

Re: Some odd symptoms. Anyone got any idea?

Postby Caat55 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:57 am

Sounds like you have your diagnosis, internal hemmoroids. See a doctor to be sure and ease your mind.
Do at 55 y.o. Female
Dx 9/26/17 RC Stage 3
Completed 33 rad. tx, xeolda 12/8/17
MRI and PET 1/18 sign. regression
Surgery 1/31/18 Ileostomy, clean margins, no lymph node involved
Port 3/1/2018
Oxaliplatin and Xeloda start 3/22/18
Last Oxaliplatin 7/5/18, 5 rounds
CT NED 9/2018
PET NED 12/18
Clear Colonoscopy 2/19, 5/20

KimT

Re: Some odd symptoms. Anyone got any idea?

Postby KimT » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:09 pm

We are not doctors. You should follow up with a doctor. Good luck.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”