(1) The hospital is hiring a full-time oncologist in July.
Finally don't have to see a different onc every three months.
(2) Saw the latest onc (#4 for me in a year) May 30. Long story short he looks up from papers he is reading, asks if we'd seen a surgeon. No, we say, a little confused. Ah, he says. Reads the papers again, making them with a red pen. He looks at us and says: I think you might be a candidate for surgery, and explains the HIPEC surgery to us. Finished with saying we should think about it, and that he, unfortunately is a locum, and is there really only to approve my treatment each time. He recommended we make an appointment with the onc we saw in October rather than wait until sometime in July when the new doctor arrives. We call for an appointment when we get home.
(3) Saw the onc in Burlington June 6. He showed us the scans from September, January, and the most recent one at the end of April. Things look good
He agreed that I might be a candidate, referred us to someone at Mass General.
(4) Friday morning I spent quite some tie navigating Mass Gen's phone system to secure a medical record number so the onc in Burlington can send my records to the surgeon there. Now we wait.
I will admit that when the prospect of surgery was "pie-in-the-sky" I was not anxious at all. Now I am quite anxious about it. Hubby said there are only a few options -- surgeon calls and says after seeing records I am not a candidate or I am a candidate. If not, we are not any different than before. If yes, then we likely head to Boston for an appointment. He keeps me grounded.
06/2018 KRAS negative for mutation; PDL1 negative, CEA 22.7
07/11 (ONC#1) FOLFOX started; 07/25/2018 FOLFOX+Avastin started
09/05 (ONC#2) Avastin discontinued
10/03 CT-scan showed no improvement
10/04 Appt w/ONC for 2nd opinion, change to FOLRFIRI due to increase in small nodules in abdomen
10/16 FOLFIRI+Avastin; Neulasta; Savaysa (Lovenox) treatment started
02/11 (ONC#3) Avastin discontinued
04/29 CT-scan showed both masses decrease to 8cm (from approx 12cm in June 2018)
05/06 CEA 3.7