Tiny amount of blood on stool

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Fearingtheworst

Tiny amount of blood on stool

Postby Fearingtheworst » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi,

Let me give you guys some info about me. I’m a 28 year old man living in Boston. I’m definitely a hypochondriac and every little thing scares me.

I had a colonoscopy about 3 months ago that came back clear. I thought I was constipated (pellet stool) and demanded a colonoscopy. The GI doctor said that the prep was great and couldn’t see anything wrong what so ever.

Now in the past 4 weeks I’ve had blood on my stool 3 times. I usually go everyday to the bathroom, but if I don’t for one day, usually the day after that my stool is rather large (apologize for the graphic) and that’s usually when I see the blood. Now when I say blood it’s usually a tiny tiny amount on the stool that I have to look for on with my phone’s flashlight to be able to actually see it. Only once have I seen it on the tissue paper and it usually very bright red.

When I google it, they almost always say hemorrhoid but to always check with a doctor to rule out more serious issues and that’s where my health anxiety wrecks havoc. Now having done a colonoscopy and a bunch of tests only 3 months ago and being 28, does that rule out the more serious issues and I should attribute the blood to haemrroid especially that it shows up after a day of not going to the bathroom and then goes away?

hiker

Re: Tiny amount of blood on stool

Postby hiker » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:10 pm

It's time to stop fearing the worst and start living your best.

All the tests came back clear - celebrate with your loved ones and thank God for your good health. In the future if you do need us, we'll be here.

hiker
Colonoscopy 2/17, 5cm tumor descending
Diagnosed stage iv, liver mets 3/17
Colon resection 3/17
Told surgery not an option, get my affairs in order
Meet w/MSK team 5/01/17
Folfox(3rds) 5/17-6/17
Liver resection/implant HAI pump 7/17
HAI pump chemo(5rds) 8/17-2/18
Folfiri+Vectibix(11rds) 8/17-2/18
Spot on chest CT 10/17
Lung biopsy (that was fun) 11/17
Nocardia bacterial infection w/spread to brain (this is serious) 11/17
IV antibiotics 12/17-2/18
Oral antibiotics 3/18-12/18
Clear of cancer since surgery

KimT

Postby KimT » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:13 pm

You got good news. Be thankful and live your life.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

Fearingtheworst

Postby Fearingtheworst » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:56 pm

Trust me I'm trying my best but this morning after my bowel movement in the morning, there was a long streak of blood on the outside of the stool and when I wiped. The stool was a little harder than usual and I felt a little discomfort down there for a couple of hours afterwards. I booked an appointment with the GI for next week, but from experienced people on this forum, what are the chances of something sinister developing from four months ago (when I had my colonoscopy) till now?

KimT

Postby KimT » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:56 pm

You do not have cancer. Not to be rude but every one of us who has had cancer would be very thankful to be in your shoes. Your tests have come out clear. Perhaps you should speak to someone about your anxiety.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”