Tiny amount of blood on stool

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Fearingtheworst

Tiny amount of blood on stool

Postby Fearingtheworst » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi,

Let me give you guys some info about me. I’m a 28 year old man living in Boston. I’m definitely a hypochondriac and every little thing scares me.

I had a colonoscopy about 3 months ago that came back clear. I thought I was constipated (pellet stool) and demanded a colonoscopy. The GI doctor said that the prep was great and couldn’t see anything wrong what so ever.

Now in the past 4 weeks I’ve had blood on my stool 3 times. I usually go everyday to the bathroom, but if I don’t for one day, usually the day after that my stool is rather large (apologize for the graphic) and that’s usually when I see the blood. Now when I say blood it’s usually a tiny tiny amount on the stool that I have to look for on with my phone’s flashlight to be able to actually see it. Only once have I seen it on the tissue paper and it usually very bright red.

When I google it, they almost always say hemorrhoid but to always check with a doctor to rule out more serious issues and that’s where my health anxiety wrecks havoc. Now having done a colonoscopy and a bunch of tests only 3 months ago and being 28, does that rule out the more serious issues and I should attribute the blood to haemrroid especially that it shows up after a day of not going to the bathroom and then goes away?

hiker

Re: Tiny amount of blood on stool

Postby hiker » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:10 pm

It's time to stop fearing the worst and start living your best.

All the tests came back clear - celebrate with your loved ones and thank God for your good health. In the future if you do need us, we'll be here.

hiker
Colonoscopy 2/17, 5cm tumor descending
Diagnosed stage iv, liver mets 3/17
Colon resection 3/17
Told surgery not an option, get my affairs in order
Meet w/MSK team 5/01/17
Folfox(3rds) 5/17-6/17
Liver resection/implant HAI pump 7/17
HAI pump chemo(5rds) 8/17-2/18
Folfiri+Vectibix(11rds) 8/17-2/18
Spot on chest CT 10/17
Lung biopsy (that was fun) 11/17
Nocardia bacterial infection w/spread to brain (this is serious) 11/17
IV antibiotics 12/17-2/18
Oral antibiotics 3/18-present
Clear of cancer since surgery

KimT

Re: Tiny amount of blood on stool

Postby KimT » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:13 pm

You got good news. Be thankful and live your life.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”