Aughhhh wrote: I would appreciate any input. Thank you!
I think you may be running into a few issues here.
1. "this is not the way we do things here"
2. "I am the doctor and this is how I do things."
3. Onco has not weighed in yet
4. Geriatric patients often get "triaged" differently than younger patients ... for better or worse.
5. CEA is NOT a marker for everyone
6. some Docs wanna do it anyway, others not so much
CEA is not a marker, yet my Oncs wanted it done every 3 then every 6 months thru primary care and met recurrence follow up.
I pushed for CA19-9 as additional monitoring and obviously, had multiple CTs, blood panels, U/Sounds and xrays
I am still getting all these done on a less frequent basis with my own GP, since being released from primary Onc's care.
I have a baseline so it makes sense AND I have a Doc who talks WITH me ...not AT me.
To me this may be your own issue with your Dad's Docs.
All you can do is keep supporting him in his wishes BUTT make sure he is armed with all the right info.
IF the docs seem to be THE issue, then there is always consideration for finding new Docs.
JMO. BTDT with myself and my own father.
Cheers and Harmony sista'
CRguy on the Journey