Progresions in liver mets :(((

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Educator
Facebook Username: Ebru köse

Progresions in liver mets :(((

Postby Educator » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi everyone
I m reading topics from 2017. My husband (31) 2017 dec diagnosed stage 4 rectum ca. We didnt see any symptons. He took surgery suddenly.and 1. Mr shows 11 mm liver mets and little lesions
1.ct shows same and 1. Pet shows one 11 mm lesion. And 6 rounds chemoterapy again 2.mr shows same lesions 2. Pet ct show ned
His onc said go on chemoterapy and 3. Mr same lesions and pet ned . We’re very confused . The onc finished 12 rounds chemo. And planned a liver surgery but in hospital they look final mr and ultrason . Mr shows old lesions and new lesions. WE ‘re very upset and cancelled surgery and planned chemoterapy! We have baby 4 months( ı was pregnant we had learn it) my husband lost his brother and mother from cancer. He lost his mother 2017 and we learnd his cancer. We are married 2 years. I know we should try. But sometimes ı feel tired and my husband very energc man. Nobody says he is cancer !! When take chemo he is agressive. I love him. I dont know what will do? :(
Caregiver of husband
Stage 4 rectum ca 14 dec 2017
Chemo 3 rounds vectibix
Pet ;10 mm met in liver
MRI; 1-4 mets in liver
Chemo 3 rounds
Pet ;NED
MRI ;1-5 mets in liver
6 rounds chemo
Pet;Ned
MRI; shows Unoperable liver mets ( 10-15)
6 rounds chemo ( pills changed)
Pet shows 1,4 cm and 1,7 cm mets in liver
MRI shows 5 mets
Planned chemo
Wellcome 2019

mobrouser

Re: Progresions in liver mets :(((

Postby mobrouser » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:08 pm

I am so sorry to hear about you and your husband's situation. I wish I could be the one to help give you a better understanding of liver met treatments.
Can I ask where you are located? Possibly someone here who has had to deal with liver mets and are in the same area as you could give suggestions for treatment options that worked for them?

You did mention at the end of your post that your husband becomes aggressive when taking chemo. I found myself to be much angrier on chemo weeks and it was most likely due to the steroids I was prescribed as an anti-nausea med. I had to be very careful because I was ready to bite people's heads off if things weren't going right for me. My patience driving in downtown traffic wasn't very good either. If your husband is taking steroids this may be affecting him the same way too. Hopefully you can figure out a way to help him relax when this happens.

I hope you will get more info from this board, and that a good treatment plan can be set in place for your husband.

Cheers,
8) mob
CC Dx 102017 age 58
Lap. right hemi-colectomy Dec 2017
Adenocarcinoma ascending colon – 6cm x 6cm x 2cm, Low Grade, penetrates to peritoneum
T4a N2a M0, Stage IIIC
lymph nodes 6 positive out of 18
FOLFOX start Jan/18 end Aug/8 (felt like a year)
CEA - 01/15/18-2.8; 07/29/18-5.3; 09/19-2.4; 03/20-2.7; 09/20-2.9
CT scan 08/18 - Clear; 10/19 - Clear; * 10/20 - 8mm & 6mm nodules in liver
PET scan 09/18 (thought about bringing the cat :wink: ) - Clear
Colonoscopy Dec 7 2018 - Clear - Next in 3 years?

Educator

Postby Educator » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Thanks for your respond
We live in İzmir in Turkey. I gues cant help us for distance. I read your treatments and our system is different. But same medicine. I wonder about panitumumab ?! Cause this effects him very badlly. Very strong but it does inflammation and acne all body.
We upset again chemoterapy :( cause we think it finish but again and he gave same medicine. İt failed but stopped.dont cure but controll. Onc say now liver is inoperable and ı m angry why they didnt surgery firstly. I dont know bur ı search another onc. And ımmunoterapy . Here immunoterapy less. Onc dont say about life statics but stage 4 very scare me and him. I hope everting will ok. We miss good news
Caregiver of husband
Chemo 3 rounds vectibix
Pet ;10 mm met in liver
MRI; 1-4 mets in liver
Chemo 3 rounds
Pet ;NED
MRI ;1-5 mets in liver
6 rounds chemo
Pet;Ned
MRI shows 5 mets
Planned chemo
Wellcome 2019

dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

Postby dianetavegia » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:06 pm

I'm so sorry about the liver mets.

Your husband is 'aggressive' when he has chemo because they give him large doses of steroids to keep him from having reactions to the chemo. My family said I was grumpy and I know I couldn't sleep and had headaches. So, he's not mad at you but it's the medication.

I hope you'll talk to another oncologist.
Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

Educator

Postby Educator » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:23 am

Thanks your respond. I love him very much and ı dont care his behaviours. I want his healthy . He is very cute and ı upset. We asked other onc he said same things . Only chemo.
Caregiver of husband
Chemo 3 rounds vectibix
Pet ;10 mm met in liver
MRI; 1-4 mets in liver
Chemo 3 rounds
Pet ;NED
MRI ;1-5 mets in liver
6 rounds chemo
Pet;Ned
MRI shows 5 mets
Planned chemo
Wellcome 2019

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”