metastasis on peritoneum

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Leighann Sturgin

metastasis on peritoneum

Postby Leighann Sturgin » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:46 am

Anyone have mets to peritoneum? How successful is survival after mets to the peritoneum?

I did. I had 2 HIPEC. I've been cancer free for 11 years. Someone is asking me questions but I don't know anyone else with long term survival after peri mets.
F 44 yo
3/04 dxd colon cancer stage IV (Lynch)
4/04 colectomy
chemo
8/04 hyserectomy
1/05 debulking, HIPEC, ileostomy
short bowel syndrome- TPN and IV fluid dependent
1/06 HIPEC
07 splenectomy
Vaccine trail
12 right nephrectomy
NED since 07
2015 Colondar 2.0 Miss May
2016 Kidney disease
2016 permanent left nephrostomy

The Kimberly Fund Director

rp1954

Re: metastasis on peritoneum

Postby rp1954 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:17 pm

8.5 years after initial diagnosis, alternative immune stimulating therapies dosed fairly high, and surgery 4 weeks later.

My wife had a powerful necrosis event that destroyed a lot of abdominal mets in fatty deposits and on the omentum. At the surgery door, the surgeon said that it was peculiar that he was scooping out a lot of clearly visible mets so easily. One met on the omentum, about 20x25 mm, he couldn't scrape out completely after a unit of blood. Originally at the end of surgery, he was suggesting radiation targeted around the staples there, but then the next few days, he and the pathologist were totally weirded out about the massive necrosis and granulocytic attack - everything dead and unrecognizable at the cellular level.

So then they're in denial mode officially ("no pathology" to document left). Except my wife is already carrying a 1+ inch para-aortic cluster too. They were trying to ignore that too, without an official pathology to present on the peritoneum, except perhaps on a whisper basis (repeatedly over two weeks time, "have your oncologist call me"). Once the para-aortic lymph nodes were documented viable, then realities (e)merge.

Three years later, for a 3T MRI pre-certification, I called him about his metal staples and technique. He first answered me, "What?!? Your wife is still alive?!? Come see me".
watchful, active researcher and caregiver for stage IVb/c CC. surgeries 4/10 sigmoid etc & 5/11 para-aortic LN cluster; 8 yrs immuno-Chemo for mCRC; now no chemo
most of 2010 Life Extension recommendations and possibilities + more, some (much) higher, peaking ~2011-12, taper chemo to almost nothing mid 2018, IV C-->2021. Now supplements

bitchslapped

Re: metastasis on peritoneum

Postby bitchslapped » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:21 pm

There is info + links on this thread that might prove helpful:

http://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com ... 17#p482017

Offhand I can think of two members here that had successful CRS/HIPEC: SkiFletch, debb.

Links on this thread as well:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59563&hilit=hipec&start=15

This thread has a listing by O Stoma Mia of some of our HIPEC patients:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58959&p=465101&hilit=hipec#p465101

The search box will bring up others using HIPEC or CRS/HIPEC.

My friend had CRS/HIPEC due to appendix cancer spread to the peritoneum. No further tx recommended. I have read, however that colon cancer patients tend to have recurrence, thus post surgical chemo is recommended for those patients.

You could refer this person to PUBMED to perform some research.

Best Wishes
BS
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07, lvr, billiary tree fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”