Scared of Symptoms

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
fadams18

Scared of Symptoms

Postby fadams18 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:27 am

Hello Everyone,

Like many Dr Google has really taken a toll on my general well being and hapiness.I cant stop thinking. So here are my symptons.
ive been having blood in stool for many years. mosly due to hermorroids because my doctor and i could see the external hermorroid.
Fast forward to this year, I started having stomach ache, undigested food in stool, some times flat stool.

My main concern is my tailbone gets itchy (weird) and other times its just painful a little. My blood test and urine are fine. not sign of infection or anaemia. cuz wbc and rbc are normal.
Im 28years and from the stories here, it seems age is no longer a factor for CRC. I did a digital rectal exam, and the doctor said its internal hermorroids and a fissure. I also have pain in my groin. just the side between the penis and the thigh.

guys what could this be? are these very related to CRC. I went to 2 doctors, but they all brush me aside and say its hermorroids. they dont even have patiens. and plus im new in france and cant really communicate with them in french. im so lost right now. im a student with no one just alone.
Last edited by fadams18 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

boxhill

Re: Scared of Symptoms

Postby boxhill » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:14 am

Could the groin pain be a lymph node?

I don't have any insight into the French medical system, but if you are having trouble communicating, can you either take a friend who is fluent and can translate for you, or write down a detailed description of your symptoms and get someone to translate it into French?
F, 64 at DX CRC Stage IV
3/17/18 blockage, r hemi
11 of 25 LN,5 mesentery nodes
5mm liver met
pT3 pN2b pM1
BRAF wild, KRAS G12D
dMMR, MSI-H
5/18 FOLFOX
7/18 and 11/18 CT NED
12/18 MRI 5mm liver mass, 2 LNs in porta hepatis
12/31/18 Keytruda
6/19 Multiphasic CT LNs normal, Liver stable
6/28/19 Pause Key, predisone for joint pain
7/31/19 Restart Key
9/19 CT stable
Pain: all fails but Celebrex
12/23/19 CT stable
5/20 MRI stable/NED
6/20 Stop Key
All MRIs NED

fadams18

Postby fadams18 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:32 am

No its not lymph nodes. the place is clear and clean. no lumps nothing. just the dull pain.

O Stoma Mia

Postby O Stoma Mia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Here is an article in French on early-onset colorectal cancer, published on a francophone Canadian website. It contains both a list of symptoms common for colorectal cancer, as well as a list of risk factors for early onset colorectal cancer. You can use this article to help prepare a list of your specific symptoms (in French) as well as a list of your risk factors (in French) that you can then show your doctor.

The website also has a tab for English, so you could click on that tab and read a number of stories of young people who were diagnosed with colorectal cancer.
You could then take this article with you to show the doctor to help explain to him, in French, the recent increase of colorectal cancer diagnoses in young people.

The onset of colorectal cancer at a young age
( L’apparition du cancer colorectal à un jeune âge )
http://www.colorectal-cancer.ca/blogfr/?p=1475

Les symptômes du CCR
    • Sang dans les selles ;
    • Selles plus étroites que la normale ;
    • Diarrhée ou constipation prolongée ;
    • Sentiment que l’intestin ne se vide pas complètement ;
    • Douleur ou inconfort abdominal ;
    • Perte d’appétit, perte de poids inexpliquée ;
    • Fatigue constante, anémie ;
    • Nausées et vomissements.
    Les facteurs de risque
    • Les antécédents familiaux de cancer du côlon ou de polypes
    • Les altérations génétiques
    • La colite ulcéreuse ou la maladie de Crohn
    • le diabète
    • l’obésité : surpoids ou obèse pendant l’adolescence ;
    • Une diète riche en viande rouge ou transformée et faible en fibres, légumes et fruits ;
    • La sédentarité; l’inactivité physique ;
    • La consommation de tabac ;
    • Une consommation élevée en alcool ;
    • Les origines ethniques et la race.

Reference: http://www.colorectal-cancer.ca/blogfr/?p=1475

If you have the time, you can also look at some articles that have appeared in the French press concerning the problem of early onset of colorectal cancer. Perhaps some of these articles could also be used to inform your doctor of the problem.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”