Hi folks -
I am new to the club. I was dx after a colonoscopy on 7/23 at 43. A complete surprise to all of us, as I had been training for a significant athletic event. Still training but differently, and hope to compete next year
I feel very uneasy about a finding on an MRI. The report reads that a .5 cm indeterminate lesion was found on my liver, conspicuous as hypointense on post-gadolinium images.
Surgery is scheduled for 9/18 at a major world-renown cancer center with a very well-respected surgeon. I was told I could safely delay the surgery until September as I have no symptoms, feel good, and we have to coordinate 2 surgeons (one for resection and one to conduct partial hysterectomy to remove very large fibroid that may would interfere with the resection). We asked this surgeon and his team about the .5 cm indeterminate finding and he did not seem concerned, but we will continue to monitor.
All my other blood work was excellent, CEA 1.2, good counts, etc. No evidence of ascites, adenopathy, or enlarged nodes.
Our second opinion surgeon who we felt uneasy with wanted to “explore” my liver, which sounded very vague and scary. He wasn’t with a major cancer center (although not a small local hospital), and we got a so-so vibe from him so we went elsewhere.
I hate buyers’ remourse, but I have been over-analyzing this. Any thoughts or similar situations? How did it resolve?