Stage 4 Colon Cancer

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Jimt

Re: Stage 4 Colon Cancer

Postby Jimt » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:04 am

Hi all,

I got the PET and blood test today. The result is not good:

1> I have around 4 liver mets: 3 located in the left and 1 located in the right side. One out of 3 in the left is quite big enough. I cannt do the surgery due to the size and the location. The first step is that they will do the chemo to treat the mets and monitor my response to chemo

2> CEA~ 143 (Compared to 165 before the surgery to remove the turmour in colonc). It’s still high and they think due to the liver mets

3> Gene test result will out next week.

4> They suggest me follow the XELOX chemo and maybe some additional drugs depending on the gene test.

My questions are :

1> What factors make people response to the drugs ?

2> Are there any people in the forum face situation like me ( I am 26 years old and dr said the cancer at my age is more agrresive).

3> Could you give me the reliable manufacturers of these drugs for reference ?

4> One of my doctors said that with treatment, I could live around 3 years on the average (50% prob). Is it true ?

juliej

Re: Stage 4 Colon Cancer

Postby juliej » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Jimt wrote:How can I contact to MSK ? Could both of you give me some contacts ? I am living in a Asia country, so it would be better if i can discuss through email at first step

Dr. Nancy Kemeny is the HAI pump expert at MSK. Try contacting her office. The best way is to get a referral from your oncologist or surgeon. That will open the door faster. You'll also need copies of all your medical records and samples of the tumor they removed. MSK is very experienced at dealing with international patients so no problem there.

I had more liver mets than you and the HAI pump saved my life so I strongly recommend it!

https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/doctors/nancy-kemeny
Stage IVb, liver/lung mets 8/4/2010
Xelox+Avastin 8/18/10 to 10/21/2011
LAR, liver resec, HAI pump 11/2011
Adjuvant Irinotecan + FUDR
Double lung surgery + ileo reversal 2/2012
Adjuvant FUDR + Xeloda
VATS rt. lung 12/2012 - benign granuloma!
VATS left lung 11/2013
NED 11/22/13 to 12/18/2019, CEA<1

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”