Leakage.....

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Daniellabella

Leakage.....

Postby Daniellabella » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:44 pm

Hi,

My husband is experiencing “anal leakage” in the form of mucous and coffee ground-like stool. I tried getting Depends and he refuses to wear them, saying it’s uncomfortable.

Do any of you recommend a particular product that will catch anal leakage (and not just a product for bladder incontinence?)

MissMolly

Re: Leakage.....

Postby MissMolly » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:46 pm

Daniella:
Anal leakage can be emotionally exhausting to deal with. Messy, oozing, foul in odor.

I use a pad specially designed to address anal discharge. The name of the product is “Butterfly Pads.”

The pad derives it’s name from it’s shape/configuration. It has the shape of a butterfly, with two expanded wings. The pad is placed between the cheeks of the buttocks and stays in place with a light adhesive similar to the back of a 3M brand Post-it-Note.

“Butterfly Pads” are available on Amazon. In fact, Amazon is the only place where I have been able to source them.

The pads advertise as having both a women’s version and a men’s version. I ordered the men’s version at one point when the women’s style was on backorder. The difference between the two styles is negligible. My impression is that the product is uni-sex, with both styles suitable for men and women.

I highly recommend “Butterfly Pads.” I credit these pads with giving me a semblance of personal dignity.
Karen
Dear friend to Bella Piazza, former Colon Club member (NWGirl).
I have a permanent ileostomy and offer advice on living with an ostomy - in loving remembrance of Bella
I am on Palliative Care for broad endocrine failure + Addison's disease + osteonecrosis of both hips/jaw + immunosuppression. I live a simple life due to frail health.

Daniellabella

Postby Daniellabella » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:49 pm

MissMolly wrote:Daniella:
Anal leakage can be emotionally exhausting to deal with. Messy, oozing, foul in odor.

I use a pad specially designed to address anal discharge. The name of the product is “Butterfly Pads.”

The pad derives it’s name from it’s shape/configuration. It has the shape of a butterfly, with two expanded wings. The pad is placed between the cheeks of the buttocks and stays in place with a light adhesive similar to the back of a 3M brand Post-it-Note.

“Butterfly Pads” are available on Amazon. In fact, Amazon is the only place where I have been able to source them.

The pads advertise as having both a women’s version and a men’s version. I ordered the men’s version at one point when the women’s style was on backorder. The difference between the two styles is negligible. My impression is that the product is uni-sex, with both styles suitable for men and women.

I highly recommend “Butterfly Pads.” I credit these pads with giving me a semblance of personal dignity.
Karen

Thank you so much!

I’m going to order these right away!!!!!!!!!

NHMike

Postby NHMike » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:58 pm

I used Depends Shield for men for leakage from radiation. These are quite thin and they're not huge so sometimes I used two of them end-to-end. These may be more comfortable than the much larger ones with complete coverage.
6/17: ER rectal bleeding; Colonoscopy
7/17: 3B rectal. T3N1bM0. 5.2 4.5 4.3 cm. Lymphs: 6 x 4 mm, 8 x 6, 5 x 5
7/17-9/17: Xeloda radiation
7/5: CEA 2.7; 8/16: 1.9; 11/30: 0.6; 12/20 1.4; 1/10 1.8; 1/31 2.2; 2/28 2.6; 4/10 2.8; 5/1 2.8; 5/29 3.2; 7/13 4.5; 8/9 2.8, 2/12 1.2
MSS, KRAS G12D
10/17: 2.7 2.2 1.6 cm (-90%). Lymphs: 3 x 3 mm (-62.5%), 4 x 3 (-75%), 5 x 3 (-40%). 5.1 CM from AV
10/17: LAR, Temp Ileostomy, Path Complete Response
CapeOx (8) 12/17-6/18
7/18: Reversal, Port Removal
2/19: Clean CT

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”