SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC Milkweed Sap for Skin Cancer

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mpbser

SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC Milkweed Sap for Skin Cancer

Postby mpbser » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:11 pm

When I was in Boston about a half year ago (has it been that long???) for my husband's liver surgery, I apparently picked up HPV from the bathroom of our hotel room and developed a plantar wart on the bottom of my foot. I was swamped with work with no time to go to the doctor so a few weeks ago, when it started to get a bit uncomfortable, I looked into some home remedies I could give a go in the interim, until I could see a M.D. I first tried tea tree oil, by sticking a small piece of a cotton ball doused with the oil bandaged up against it overnight for about seven nights straight. It didn't seem to be doing anything at all so I started using aspirin about a week ago. I took a full strength aspirin tablet and crushed it. I then took a piece of one of my aloe plants and used the sappy aloe to pick up a bit of the aspirin powder. I put it on the wart, covering it with the mixture. I left it on for about 30 minutes and then washed it off with tea tree oil. I repeated this the next day and maybe the day after that (can't remember). I could tell it was doing something to the wart but it seemed very slow, barely noticeable change, so I decided to do this at night before bed, bandage it up, and leave it on overnight. (I didn't leave the aloe piece on there as some people recommend. It's just too cumbersome.) I did that a few nights in a row and by the 3rd day parts of the wart had turned black. I had read that this is the wart die-off reaction. The callous area of the wart has been reduced to almost nothing which I think is a good sign. Yesterday was the fifth day and it was actually a bit painful putting the aspirin mixture on and the area is somewhat painful today. Anyway, I expect this wart to go away at some point hopefully in the near future.

I consider aspirin a miracle plant-derived drug.

In doing my research on home remedies, I found a recommendation for milkweed sap. It has mixed reviews for plantar warts but I have read that it can be extremely effective on skin cancers, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma in particular, as well as on skin tags. I have one skin tag under my breast that I don't like so I am going to put the milkweed plants in our back yard to use soon for a little experiment. It will be interesting to see what happens. I just think that we don't use botanical-based medicine nearly enough in the U.S. and wonder if the compounds in milkweed could hold a cure for cancers. I will update this thread with information from my skin tag experiment :)
Wife 4/17 Dx age 45
5/17 LAR
Adenocarcinoma
low grade
1st primary T3 N2b M1a
Stage IVA
8/17 Sub-total colectomy
2nd primary 5.5 cm T1 N0
9 of 96 nodes
CEA: < 2.9
MSS
Lynch no; KRAS wild
Immunohistochemsistry Normal
Fall 2017 FOLFOX shrank the 1 met in liver
1/18 Liver left hepatectomy seg 4
5/18 CT clear
12/18 MRI 1 liver met
3/7/19 Resection & HAI
4/1/19 Folfiri & FUDR
5/13/19 HAI pump catheter dislodge, nearly bled to death
6-7 '19 5FU 4 cycles
NED

Gravelyguy

Re: SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC Milkweed Sap for Skin Cancer

Postby Gravelyguy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:55 pm

Let us know how it turns out. My son has several skin tags and we have a bumper crop of milk weed in our pastures.
6/17 dx mRC t3n1m1 very low rectal tumor 2 liver Mets 1.3 cm and .9 cm

6/17 begin 4 rounds Folfox w/Vectibix
9/17 short course radiation
10/17 rectal and liver resection LAR with coloanal anastomosis (no rectum left)
11/17-3/18 8 rounds Folfox
6/18 still NED!! Takedown
8/28/18 still NED! CEA .8 new low for me
10/18/18 colonoscopy clear
12/12/18 CEA .9 still NED!
6/11/19 CEA 1.0
12/19/19 CEA 1.0 still NED!
6/17/20 CEA 1.1 still NED!
12/15/20 CEA 1.1still NED!
12/16/21 CEA 1.2 still NED!

GrouseMan

Postby GrouseMan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:29 pm

For many years plenty of natural products from plants have undergone testing as Anticancer and anti bacterial chemical compounds. Many, the majority being antibiotics have made it to market and were successful for a time, before they became less effective or where supplanted with better drugs. In Anticancer drug research they continue to look to natural products as sources of new drugs. In the late 80's I was involved in a project looking at Podophylotoxin derivatives as anti cancer drugs. Many companies at the time were working on these. Podophylotoxins come from the American May Apple. It had a long history in Herbal use to treat Warts. I started with dried ground up may apples. and extracted out the major chemical constituents and purified those. Next we used this as a starting point to make compounds that would better penetrate solid tumor cells and hopefully be more toxic to the cancer than to normal cells. I have one patent on the synthesis of such drugs. One drug from this research that came from another company is a widely used and is called etopiside its a Topoisomerase inhibitor. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etoposide

Another drug is Taxol (Paclitaxel) - that came from the Pacific yew plant and later from engineered yeast I believe. It is a pretty potent chemotherapy agent and is quite toxic to cancer cells used a lot in metastatic breast cancer treatment. Its a Tubulin Binder See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paclitaxel

Last a drug used in colon cancer many of you should be familiar with. Irinotecan, which is a modified version of Camptothecin a material product from the bark and stem of Camptotheca acuminata (Camptotheca, Happy tree). It is another Topoisomerase inhibitor See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camptothecin
and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irinotecan

Regards,

GrouseMan
DW 53 dx Jun 2013
CT mets Liver Spleen lung. IVb CEA~110
Jul 2013 Sig Resct
8/13 FolFox,Avastin 12Tx mild sfx, Ongoing 5-FU Avastin every 3 wks.
CEA: good marker
7/7/14 CT Can't see the spleen Mets.
8/16/15 CEA Up, CT new abdominal mets. Iri, 5-FU, Avastin every 2 wks.
1/16 Iri, Erbitux and likely Avastin (Trial) CEA going >.
1/17 CEA up again dropped from Trial, Mets growth 4-6 mm in abdomen
5/2/17 Failed second trial, Hospitalized 15 days 5/11. Home Hospice 5/26, at peace 6/4/2017

mpbser

Postby mpbser » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Very interesting information, grouseman. Thanks for sharing.

I came across some other uncommon treatments for plantar warts which are actually recommended by the American Academy of Podiatrists. 5-FU, cimetidine, and diindolymethane. Many of us are familiar with cimetidine as anti-metastatic so I found the commonality intriguing. Diindolymethane sounds especially interesting to me as it is a phytochemical found in cruciferous vegetables. I have extract of cruciferous vegetables on my supplement shopping list for my husband. I recently learned that Life Extension sells it so I want to add it to my husband's routine. Because his plant-based food intake is so paltry, I recently added digestive enzymes because he has replaced the 30 pounds of water weight he gained when he had congestive heart failure with fat over the past six months or so. I figure the cruciferous phytochemicals would be helpful as well.

I do not want him to have a recurrence and I am doing everything in my power to help prevent it.

I have heard about people curing their warts with apple cider vinegar. If the treatment I recently tried doesn't work (heard it can take up to week for it to clear after the aspirin), I might try ACV. I am still waiting for a call from the podiatrist my primary care doctor referred me to so I can set up an appointment. In the meantime, I take matters into my own hands.

I will be harvesting some milkweed tonight and doing my first skin tag treatment. Updates to come.
Wife 4/17 Dx age 45
5/17 LAR
Adenocarcinoma
low grade
1st primary T3 N2b M1a
Stage IVA
8/17 Sub-total colectomy
2nd primary 5.5 cm T1 N0
9 of 96 nodes
MSS
Lynch no; KRAS wild
5/18 CT clear
12/18 MRI 1 liver met
3/7/19 Resection & HAI
4/1/19 Folfiri & FUDR
6-7 '19 5FU 4 cycles
NED

LPL

Postby LPL » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Thank you for sharing mpbser, and GrouseMan.
I’m following with interest!
DH @ 65 DX 4/11/16 CC recto-sigmoid junction
Adenocarcenoma 35x15x9mm G3(biopsi) G1(surgical)
Mets 3 Liver resectable
T4aN1bM1a IVa 2/9 LN
MSS, KRAS-mut G13D
CEA & CA19-9: 5/18 2.5 78 8/17 1.4 48 2/14/17 1.8 29
4 Folfox 6/15-7/30 (b4 liver surgery) 8 after
CT: 8/8 no change 3/27/17 NED->Jan-19 mets to lung NED again Oct-19 :)
:!: Steroid induced hyperglycemia dx after 3chemo
Surgeries 2016: 3/18 Emergency colostomy
5/23 Primary+gallbl+stoma reversal+port 9/1 Liver mets
RFA 2019: Feb & Oct lung mets

mpbser

Postby mpbser » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:16 am

Having played around with milkweed sap before and not feeling anything caustic about it, I was skeptical about it having any effect on my skin tag. I put it on last night and I did feel a very slight burn about 90 minutes after application. I will do another one tonight.
Wife 4/17 Dx age 45
5/17 LAR
Adenocarcinoma
low grade
1st primary T3 N2b M1a
Stage IVA
8/17 Sub-total colectomy
2nd primary 5.5 cm T1 N0
9 of 96 nodes
MSS
Lynch no; KRAS wild
5/18 CT clear
12/18 MRI 1 liver met
3/7/19 Resection & HAI
4/1/19 Folfiri & FUDR
6-7 '19 5FU 4 cycles
NED

texazgal

Postby texazgal » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:55 am

A caution on the milkweed sap- years ago my mother got into some of it and developed quite a reaction. I don't remember details but she required a doctors treatment. It probably was her just being allergic, but I have left the milkweed to the monarchs since.
DX rectal cancer Aug 04
Surgery Sept 04, perm ostomy, "BarbieButt" Sept 23, 04.
June 2019 stage 3 esophageal cancer
Aug. 2019 28 radiations, 5 chemo
Nov. PET shows original tumor and mets resolved, 2 new mets in liver and bone.
May 2020 port installed, started Folfox hope to do 12 rounds, cure not expected
Keytruda April 2021 8 rounds
scan showed small growth in tumors
Paclitaxol started summer 2021.
Scan July 30, 2021 showed small decrease in size of tumors in liver and bone

jep

Postby jep » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:37 pm

My daughter's pediatrician suggested gently filing her planters wart each time she gets out of the bath (or after swimming)...
Stage IV CC 5/16/17
Loc: recto-sig
Type: Adenocarcinoma
Size: 7.4 cm
Grade: G3
TNM: T3N2M1
LNs: 8/20
BL CEA: .9
LVI: present
Perineural invasion: present
LAR margins: clear (w/in microns)
Folfox (8/17-1/18)
Scope 6/18 - CLEAR! - 2 polyps
PET 10/17/18: 3 pos LNs
Irino + Vecti (11/18)
CEA: 1.7 (2/19)
Xel + rad (5/19)
Surgery: 8/21/19 (aborted)
P1 Trial 10/19 - 12/19
Bypass 12/6/19
Folfox + vecti 1/2/19 - 4/3/20
Kid Fail 5/1/20
Folfiri + Avastin 5/20 - 6/20
bypass 6/29/20
Stivarga 7/18/20 -
Home 9/10/20

CRguy

MORE OFF TOPIC reply !!!!!

Postby CRguy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:06 am

disclaimer:
JMO
IME
YMMV

I should probably stay out of this topic :shock:
BUTT I won't :twisted:

...ANYTHING caustic can potentially erode / dissolve / "remove" an epidermal growth
so will a scalpel, razor blade, electrocautery, laser, radiothermal ablations, cryotherapy.

Removing the physical manifestation of the problem does NOT, in and of itself ... CURE the process,
be it cancerous or noncancerous.

Do "natural" sources play a part in historical and modern pharmacological developments ???
Absolutely.

Should something be used just because "it is natural ??? "
Ricin
Botulinum toxin
Tetrodotoxin
ALL natural ... ALL deadly... so that answer is NO.

If you really want to test the boundaries of "natural remedies" ...
find an Holistic practitioner who would prescribe black salve for you
it is "natural", derived from bloodroot and would likely cause more harm than good
BUTT HEY !!! it is natural and the anti-western medicine folks are all over it ... it will "CURE" any skin growth
cancer or not. Doesn't matter that it is illegal in many jurisdictions, the "true holistic" folks "know" how to get it.
WOTTA crock of shit.

PLEASE remember though, I may be biased having spent many years as a scientifically western medicine trained practitioner,
AND many years in the midst of "holistic" practitioners, myself being certified in TCM /Acu / Herbal medicine

I choose western integrative medicine
NOT home remedies or "naturopathics / holistics"

JMO
IME
YMMV

Be careful out there my friends
there are too many folks still vying for Darwin awards

Harmony
CRguy on the Journey
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

mpbser

Postby mpbser » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:36 am

jep, I had been trying that since I discovered it but it wasn't making much of a difference. The file only removed the top layers and this thing resides in the lowest layer of epidermis.
Wife 4/17 Dx age 45
5/17 LAR
Adenocarcinoma
low grade
1st primary T3 N2b M1a
Stage IVA
8/17 Sub-total colectomy
2nd primary 5.5 cm T1 N0
9 of 96 nodes
MSS
Lynch no; KRAS wild
5/18 CT clear
12/18 MRI 1 liver met
3/7/19 Resection & HAI
4/1/19 Folfiri & FUDR
6-7 '19 5FU 4 cycles
NED

GrouseMan

Re: MORE OFF TOPIC reply !!!!!

Postby GrouseMan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:30 am

CRguy wrote:disclaimer:
JMO
IME
YMMV

I should probably stay out of this topic :shock:
BUTT I won't :twisted:

...ANYTHING caustic can potentially erode / dissolve / "remove" an epidermal growth
so will a scalpel, razor blade, electrocautery, laser, radiothermal ablations, cryotherapy.

Removing the physical manifestation of the problem does NOT, in and of itself ... CURE the process,
be it cancerous or noncancerous.

Harmony
CRguy on the Journey

Absolutely - I am not an advocate of herbal treatments - I have an interest in them purely as a source of potential new chemical compounds for use in researching new treatments. I have 7 books by various authors on the subject, but despite all the research by thousands of chemists over the last 100 years nothing truly remarkable has shown up to turned the tide in Cancer treatment. The examples I cite are perhaps the best examples so far, though in Metastatic cancer treatments I would say that even these examples are pretty poor overall with regards to a cure. At best in this situation they manage to prolong life but not really a cure. When used in early stages for some individuals they might kill enough of the cancer that the human body can manage to clear it. But I don't consider any chemotherapy type drug used by itself a cure. Maybe in time in combination with biologics we may but not at present. Surgical, Chemo Therapeutics, Radiation and MAB's together in combinations are the best we can do right now.

Regards,

GrouseMan
DW 53 dx Jun 2013
CT mets Liver Spleen lung. IVb CEA~110
Jul 2013 Sig Resct
8/13 FolFox,Avastin 12Tx mild sfx, Ongoing 5-FU Avastin every 3 wks.
CEA: good marker
7/7/14 CT Can't see the spleen Mets.
8/16/15 CEA Up, CT new abdominal mets. Iri, 5-FU, Avastin every 2 wks.
1/16 Iri, Erbitux and likely Avastin (Trial) CEA going >.
1/17 CEA up again dropped from Trial, Mets growth 4-6 mm in abdomen
5/2/17 Failed second trial, Hospitalized 15 days 5/11. Home Hospice 5/26, at peace 6/4/2017

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:26 pm

You know GrouseMan I believe nature already has all the right answers .....
WE just need to ask the right questions !!!!

... and researchers like yourself who deal in the world of solid science with an open mind,
are the folks who can help ask the right questions.

thanks for all your contributions to this forum and its members
In Harmony with you
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”