Last week I asked my oncologist what we'll do when I finish the 12 cycles of FOLFOX.
Right now he's trying to get me through the last few cycles without any more delays. Neulasta has fixed my WBC /neutrophil problem nicely, but platelets continue to be a problem. They were 58 on the scheduled day for infusion #9, so I took an extra week. Up to 126 yesterday, so went ahead with #9. Assuming my normal drop per cycle, I should be able to get through #10 without another week off. He had already reduced my Oxy dose by 20%, this time he shaved 20% off the 5FU, and is hoping that it will help with platelet recovery.
At the moment I am in the unusual position of being Stage !V NED, so I am generally not eligible for trials. Not that I'm complaining, mind you!
So when I finish FOLFOX, hopefully at the end of October, I'll have more scans, likely including a PET scan, which I've never had, and quite possibly a liver MRI, which I've also not had. We really want to get these done in this calendar year, before the insurance deductible ticks over. If I continue to be officially NED, after that there will be periodic scans. We haven't discussed what will happen if something shows up. Since I am MSI-H, Keytruda is a possibility, but I have no idea whether it would be possible to go straight to that or whether something else would be indicated.
F, 64 at DX CRC Stage IV (or "3 1/2" per Dana Farber consult, LOL)
3/17/18 blockage, emergency surgery, r hemicolectomy
11 of 25 nodes
5 of 5 mesentery nodes, matted
0.5 cm sub-capsular liver met removed
pT3 pN2b pM1
Neg CEA, neg BRAF, KRAS G12D, germline mut ATM
dMMR, MSI-H, Neg for Lynch
5/4/18 FOLFOX started
Added Neulasta 6/28/18
7/9/18 CT scans show no masses or enlarged nodes, 2mm indeterminate lung nodule