[Update] Posted on here before asking about symptoms, wanted to update my symptoms since time has passed and ask again

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Binkl182

[Update] Posted on here before asking about symptoms, wanted to update my symptoms since time has passed and ask again

Postby Binkl182 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 pm

About a month ago, I posted complaining of a few symptoms. It was kind of a mess so let me streamline it a bit more.

One day I noticed a few droops of bright red blood floating in the toilet bowl as well as covering parts of my stool. No pain whatsoever. I immediately contacted my regular pediatrician's office (I didn't end up meeting with my regular doc, only who was available) and was in there the day after. She listened to my symptoms and diagnosed it as an anal tear without doing any physical exams. After the next week I noticed my blood only appeared in my stool (not in the water anymore) and every day that passed there was less and less covering the stool. In the next week, though, I developed some constipation as well as stomach cramps and more gas than usual. I also noticed that, during working out, my anus would get itchy. I would go to the bathroom to find a lot of stool causing the itch, as well as a decent amount of bright red blood when I wiped. After about a week or so I scheduled an appointment with my regular doctor and explained my initial visit as well as the updated symptoms. My doctor performed some routine tests (heartbeat, etc) and also looked up my anus. He didn't note any sign of hemmeroids. The doctor also told me it was probably a tear.

Over the next month or so I would notice little drops of blood on my stool, but nothing major. Less cramps, less gas, less constipation. Although, and Im not sure if Im just noticing this now because Ive been paying attention or this is a new symptom, it seems like I have little notice before I have to dart to the bathroom. Also, the itching and blood when I workout has happened occasionally.

Today, after passing a long, narrow stool, I noticed the tip covered in dark blood, which gave my fears a resurgence. Im going to schedule an appointment with a gastro on monday, but, for the time being, can anybody tell me anything about what these symptoms may be? Whats the likelyhood of it being something serious?

Thanks all.

KimT

Re: [Update] Posted on here before asking about symptoms, wanted to update my symptoms since time has passed and ask aga

Postby KimT » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:22 am

We are not doctors. We are colon cancer survivors or loved ones of survivors. You are not going to get a diagnosis here. You need to schedule an appointment with the appropriate doctor to find out what the problem is.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

Binkl182

Re: [Update] Posted on here before asking about symptoms, wanted to update my symptoms since time has passed and ask aga

Postby Binkl182 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:38 pm

KimT wrote:We are not doctors. We are colon cancer survivors or loved ones of survivors. You are not going to get a diagnosis here. You need to schedule an appointment with the appropriate doctor to find out what the problem is.

Hi, thanks for the response.

As I mentioned in my original post, I have plans to see a doctor (and have seen two different doctors before making this post). My reason for making this post was not for anyone to give me an official diagnosis, but to hear from people with experience of this disease. For example, I wasn't sure if rectal bleeding associated with colon cancer would be off/on in the way I described.

I know this is a serious place for people at serious medical risk, and I dont want to nor do I hope I take away from that. I was hesitant to make this post because I felt like I didn't deserve to be here. But, being 18, my current situation is scary for me, and I was just asking for a little friendly advice.

Thank you.

weisssoccermom

Postby weisssoccermom » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Please, understand that you can and should post if you feel that you have questions, etc. I personally believe that the poster who responded was only being responsible when she stated that we are not doctors. We can't give you any idea of what your symptoms might be an indication of because, as was stated, we are not doctors. We also can't tell you whether or not your symptoms are serious or not.....only a doctor can tell you that.

Honestly, seeing the doctor is the best thing that you can do. There are people on this board, like myself, who never had any rectal bleeding and whose fecal occult blood tests were perfectly normal...yet I had a big tumor. Cancer has no rules....it follows it's own course. Other diseases/conditions could cause your issues but we honestly have no idea. Hopefully you can get in to see the doctor as quickly as possible and then find out, once and for all, what is causing your symptoms.
Dx 6/22/2006 IIA rectal cancer
6 wks rad/Xeloda -finished 9/06
1st attempt transanal excision 11/06
11/17/06 XELOX 1 cycle
5 months Xeloda only Dec '06 - April '07
10+ blood clots, 1 DVT 1/07
transanal excision 4/20/07 path-NO CANCER CELLS!
NED now and forever!
Perform random acts of kindness

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”