The only suggestions by my oncologist:
- Baby aspirin
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B-12 (for my neuropathy)
The other things that I do in the hopes of not having a recurrence (I had a pretty healthy lifestyle before all this started, but keep trying to make improvements)
- Vitamin K2 to help with Vitamin D absorption
- Turmeric supplements plus turmeric tea
- Organic everything if possible...so much easier to find organics nowadays and getting more affordable all the time. Fruits, veggies, flours, etc. My sense is that all the pesticides and herbicides like RoundUp in our food are a contributing factor to the uptick in CRC.
- Minimal processed foods
- Lots of fruits and vegetables
- Lots of whole grains - no white flour
- Limited desserts and sugars - a little very dark chocolate with some frequency, though.
- No food coloring - except the occasional M&M
- No artificial preservatives
- Read labels obsessively...so much junk in our food.
- Tree nuts almost daily
- Kombucha several days a week
- Red meat only occasionally. If I go to a barbecue and they are having burgers, I will have one.
- Limited alcohol - glass of wine about once a week. Used to have 1 or 2 glasses 3-4 nights a week
- Yoga almost every day - home practice
- Walk/run with my St. Berdoodle a minimum of two miles every day - sometimes twice a day adding up to 4-5 miles.
- I drink about 3 cups of coffee a day....recent reports are that it may be helpful., but that's just a bonus...I love coffee!
- I quit highlighting/coloring my hair when I was first diagnosed. This is extreme, I realize!
- Natural cleaning products, laundry products, lotions, sunscreens, etc.
- Have just started taking a CBD gummy every day ... hoping to keep my stress/anxiety at bay
- I avoid plastics--prefer glass bottles, stainless steel, etc. I use glass storage containers instead of plastics.
- I'm sure there's some other little things I do, that I can't think of right now.
I try not to be a nutcase, but I am right on the edge!
Love to all.