Unsure if actual symptoms or internet is making me anxious

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Dustinjray

Unsure if actual symptoms or internet is making me anxious

Postby Dustinjray » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi everyone,

So for starters I'm a 31 year old male. I have had a couple of instances of blood in/on stool in the last....year and a half? They were both isolated incidents and there wasn't much blood. I assumed a the time that my being gay was a likely culprit.

I've been experiencing chronic fatigue since January and have been trying to figure out what's wrong. Somehow I came across colon cancer as a possible answer and have been looking at symptoms. I do get occasional bouts of diarrhea but they last a day or two tops. Can't say for sure ive been constipated but I've stated keeping a log just so I can see patterns.

Long story short, am I overreacting? Reading stone posts it seems like the amount of blood I've seen is not as much as others. Any advice would be appreciated

erins

Re: Unsure if actual symptoms or internet is making me anxious

Postby erins » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:02 pm

If you have a GP, you might go in and tell them about the fatigue & other symptoms. They should be able to do a basic blood work up to at least get you started on finding some answers.

If you don’t have a GP, find an urgent care clinic—I didn’t have a GP when my symptoms came up, but the urgent care doctor was fantastic. Getting a basic blood test will check for anemia, vitamin deficiencies or other things that may explain your fatigue (I can’t comment on that since I’ve always been anemic, so for all I know, I’m always fatigued!)

Bottom line (heh) is there are a lot of things that could be causing your symptoms, butt Dr Google will always diagnose you with cancer. I’d file it away, then get checked out to find whatever is actually going on :)

BTW, The log is a great idea—what we eat has a lot to do with how we feel, and it also will help you log symptoms that can be helpful to the doctors.
38 yr old female
Rectal bleeding for 1 month—>
5/4/18 colonoscopy found mass in sigmoid colon
5/21/18 LAR
stage 2a, 0/17 lymph, clean margins
T3N0M0 G1
LVI neg, PNI neg, MSS
9/21/18 CEA 0.8
11/16/18 CEA 0.8 & CT clear
12/7/18 iron infusion
2/1/18 iron improved, CEA stable.

MachineGunKelly

Re: Unsure if actual symptoms or internet is making me anxious

Postby MachineGunKelly » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:05 pm

Google is a great mortician - terrible doctor.

Erins is right - get to your GP and at least get them to run a CBC to check for anemia. I was able to get that test done just by messaging him over the direct portal. Test took 2-3 days to get back. That should/could start you down the path.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”