Pizza

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
SteveNZ

Re: Pizza

Postby SteveNZ » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:49 pm

CRguy wrote:.........and speaking of Big Macs ... while on my many chemo trips I would try to eat at McDonalds at least every 2-3 weeks
BUTT ..... just to keep my immunity up !Cheers
CRguy

Haha and I work at McDonalds (well used to cannot do my physical role anymore) so know what you mean.
There is something appealing about eating junk food when we know it is not a healthy diet.
Steve

PS-I had better add that my McDonalds is one of the best places to work! True! With a great team that care, plenty of useful real life training (linked to a university hospitality course if you choose) and yes hard work. I do not want to knock McD's at all.
Aged 56 - I feel really young...
Colo-Rectal Cancer T2 N1 M0
March 2018 - Diagnosis
April-May 2018 Radiation+Chemo then a TIA (Minor Stroke). - Stopped Chemo.
August 27th-November 2018 - Surgery and long, long recovery
*Decided to live to 100 as I will get a telegram from Her Majesty the Queen when 100yrs old. I so, so want one.
Am a Salvation Army chap so I complete 'knee drill' (prayer) to the Commander in Chief often. For myself personally this helps me through.

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:35 am

When I lived in Hamilton in 1980, once we drove all the way to Auckland to get a
feed of McDonalds.

Old thread I started that might interest you, Steve.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55539&p=440976&hilit=waikato#p440976
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

horizon

Postby horizon » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:30 am

I'm waiting for this thread to evolve into Chicago vs New York style pizza.
I'm just a dude who still can't believe he had a resection and went through chemo (currently 13 years NED). Is this real life?

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:08 pm

horizon wrote:I'm waiting for this thread to evolve into Chicago vs New York style pizza.

...since justin case and I have already DEvolved the slow-cooked/boiled/grilled versus smoked back ribs debate elsewhere ? :shock: :mrgreen:

...and SteveNZ,
my McD's choice was always 2 filet 'o fish on the way home from chemo. go figure ??? :wink:

Cheers All
CR
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

SteveNZ

Postby SteveNZ » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:22 pm

horizon wrote:I'm waiting for this thread to evolve into Chicago vs New York style pizza.

I must admit I am just not that fussed with pizza!

Sacrilege!? ...Does that make me some sort of '..foodian heathen..' or something. LOL only joking all in fun......
Hmmm... Does the Pope eat pizza? You would probably have to, living where he does!
Aged 56 - I feel really young...
Colo-Rectal Cancer T2 N1 M0
March 2018 - Diagnosis
April-May 2018 Radiation+Chemo then a TIA (Minor Stroke). - Stopped Chemo.
August 27th-November 2018 - Surgery and long, long recovery
*Decided to live to 100 as I will get a telegram from Her Majesty the Queen when 100yrs old. I so, so want one.
Am a Salvation Army chap so I complete 'knee drill' (prayer) to the Commander in Chief often. For myself personally this helps me through.

Caat55

Postby Caat55 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:42 pm

I eat everything that tadtes good, taste is operative word. Chew, chew chew. Things tend to come out as they are swallowed. I do avoid folic acid or folate in foods unless naturally occurring.
S
Do at 55 y.o. Female
Dx 9/26/17 RC Stage 3
Completed 33 rad. tx, xeolda 12/8/17
MRI and PET 1/18 sign. regression
Surgery 1/31/18 Ileostomy, clean margins, no lymph node involved
Port 3/1/2018
Oxaliplatin and Xeloda start 3/22/18
Last Oxaliplatin 7/5/18, 5 rounds
CT NED 9/2018
PET NED 12/18
Clear Colonoscopy 2/19, 5/20

kellywin

Postby kellywin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:50 pm

SteveNZ wrote:Haha and I work at McDonalds (well used to cannot do my physical role anymore) so know what you mean.
There is something appealing about eating junk food when we know it is not a healthy diet.
Steve

PS-I had better add that my McDonalds is one of the best places to work! True! With a great team that care, plenty of useful real life training (linked to a university hospitality course if you choose) and yes hard work. I do not want to knock McD's at all.

I go to McD's every day for my diet coke! The people at the McD's where I go are really awesome. I don't eat there a ton any more, but I've had plenty of my share. Still the best diet coke anywhere. But only at the drive thru - I hate those new "make it yourself" machines, the diet coke tastes like crap.

As far as Pizza & other related diets, as soon as I was released from the hospital (3 or 4 days, omg, I can't remember now), I had no restrictions. Pizza was never an issue for me. My first meal after being home from the hospital after surgery was In & Out Burger w/fries and a diet coke :D . I don't know why, but hamburgers were the best tasting thing during chemo, I ate them several times a week.
Kelly, mom 14 yo girl
Dx 11/15/12 Rectal Cancer @ age 40
Stage IIIC
5.5 weeks Xeloda & Radiation - complete 2/5/13
Colectomy 3/12/13, 7 of 14 nodes positive - no ileo
4/24/13-8/20/13 - 5 rounds Xelox, 1 Xeloda only

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”