History and physical every 3–6 mo for 2 y, then every 6 mo for a total of 5 y
• CEA every 3–6 mo for 2 y, then every 6 mo for a total of 5 y
• Chest/abdominal/pelvic CT every 6–12 mo ... for a total of 5 y
• Colonoscopy in 1 y except if no preoperative colonoscopy due to obstructing lesion, colonoscopy in 3–6 mo; if advanced adenoma, repeat in 1 y ;if no advanced adenoma,repeat in 3 y, then every 5
. . .
Counseling Regarding Healthy Lifestyle and Wellness:
• Maintain a healthy body weight throughout life.
• Adopt a physically active lifestyle (at least 30 minutes of moderate intensity activity on most days of the week).
• Consume a healthy diet with emphasis on plant sources. Diet recommendations may be modified based on severity of bowel dysfunction.
• Consider low-dose aspirin.
• Limit alcohol consumption.
• Receive smoking cessation counseling as appropriate.
emkaye wrote:So I'm in the same place with my mom. Just diagnosed with IIA.
She was advised by oncologist that no chemo was needed. I want to trust this but am a bit scared as well.
We live near a major cancer center (they did not do the surgery) so I might have them take a 2nd look. That is good advice.
I just want to be sure we're doing everything we can to be sure that this does not come back.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests