Symptoms

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Jsnapp57
Facebook Username: Jsnapp57

Symptoms

Postby Jsnapp57 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:25 pm

I have not been diagnosed yet but have all the symptoms. Can the symptoms alternate from bad to almost good at times ?

SteveNZ

Re: Symptoms

Postby SteveNZ » Wed May 30, 2018 8:12 pm

Jsnapp57 wrote:I have not been diagnosed yet but have all the symptoms. Can the symptoms alternate from bad to almost good at times ?

Hi Jsnapp57,
Sorry to hear you are getting concerned.
Please do see a doctor and have things checked out. The good news is that 'symptoms' can mean so many things with cancer simply being one possibility. Please do not try to sort it out yourself...!?

For myself I knew from my symptoms (that grew slowly but never left) that something was different and wrong. What was wrong I didn't want to figure out although I admit that cancer was one of those background concerns. The GP, over time, wisely narrowed things down (I have underlying issues that did not help) and organised a colonoscopy which finally sorted things out. By that time my GP openly shared that he thought there was a 50/50 chance of colon cancer, possibly being encouraging.

All the best. Steve
Aged 56 - I feel really young...
Colo-Rectal Cancer T2 N1 M0
March 2018 - Diagnosis
April-May 2018 Radiation+Chemo then a TIA (Minor Stroke). - Stopped Chemo.
August 27th-November 2018 - Surgery and long, long recovery
*Decided to live to 100 as I will get a telegram from Her Majesty the Queen when 100yrs old. I so, so want one.
Am a Salvation Army chap so I complete 'knee drill' (prayer) to the Commander in Chief often. For myself personally this helps me through.

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu May 31, 2018 2:56 pm

What symptoms do you have? If you do have concerns, do follow up with a GI doc. For many people, including me, I had no symptoms. Every test that should have been a red flag for colon cancer came back negative or normal.

Yet, many year prior, my mother ended up in the ER. Serious stomach pain and rectal bleeding. A colonoscopy was done, no cancer not even a polyp, just a bad case of diverticulitis.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

O Stoma Mia

Postby O Stoma Mia » Thu May 31, 2018 3:35 pm

Jsnapp57 wrote:I have not been diagnosed yet but have all the symptoms. Can the symptoms alternate from bad to almost good at times ?

I think that the main questons right now are: What symptoms are you having right now? How !ong have you been having these same symptoms?

If you are having continuing symptoms of the same kind then this calls for some sort of exam that can give you a proper diagnosis. You need a proper diagnosis before you can embark on a treatment. You cannot diagnose things like this yourself.

If your symptoms are gastrointestinal in nature then a good place to start would be with a thorough examination by a gastroenterologist, who will know what questions to ask and what kinds of tests to do.

Have you been to see a doctor yet? If so, what did he/she say?

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”