child#6 wrote:Well today we got encouraging news... Surgeon said CEA was normal and CT scan showed no metastasis. This was the best we could hope for going into surgery. Of course biopsy taken at surgery will tell us more definitively. One week more to wait for surgery.
child#6 wrote:.......... Really trying it to worry because this also may be a one as done situation and I will have worried myself sick for nothing. Worrying wi!l sap my energy that may be needed after pathology study.
chrissyrice wrote:I hope you get to see the oncologist BEFORE surgery. There have been changes that the surgeon may not be aware of for colon cancer .... ASCO is now recommending chemo or radiation before surgery as there is a better prognosis for some tumors.
If the surgeon is that great your oncologist would know him and his skill level.
child#6 wrote:It's colon cancer at the upper end of the large intestine (cecum).Hoping it stays a stage 1, but I am prepared for something different. Waiting sucks and I'm not even the patient!!!
child#6 wrote:Well tomorrow morning at 7:30 is surgery time. Need to be at the hospital for 5:30.Thankfully we live 10 minutes away. Also found out this morning my 52 year old sister has breast cancer which will require treatment post surgery. I am feeling really stressed.
Users browsing this forum: Mel1984 and 3 guests