Thought I'd post an update on mom.
We saw the surgeon on Monday. Surgery (right helicolectomy) is planned for Tuesday, June 12th.
He is hoping to complete surgery laproscopically but may need to open her up all the way depending upon what he sees.
Will remove lymph nodes with surgery and then we wait for biopsy/pathology report to determine if it has spread to lymph node/surrounding tissue/organs.
Mom loves the surgeon. We live in a small town in PA (close to a major research hospital) but she prefers to stay at our local hospital which is 10 minutes from home.
The surgeon is board certified in colo-rectal surgery so I know she is in good hands. God will take care of the rest.
Thanks again to everyone. I will keep you posted once we know more.