PET confusion

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mistydawn_67

PET confusion

Postby mistydawn_67 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Have some PET scan results on my husband who was stage III in 2011, mets to live and lymph nodes in 2016-17. Increasing pain, weight loss, and increasing tumor markers. PET results ~ I thought FDG uptake showed activity, however the report says no evidence. While I am excited for this, It feels too good to be true based on how he feels. :Head/Neck: No abnormal FDG activity within the head/neck. Physiologic FDG activity is identified in the pharyngeal musculature, tonsils, and salivary glands. Abdomen/Pelvis: Physiologic FDG activity is identified in the genitourinary tract and bowel. No metabolically active abdominal or pelvic lymphadenopathy. Anastomotic sutures in the hepatic flexure. No recurrent disease is appreciated.
IMPRESSION:No evidence of recurrent or metastatic disease.

He had to stop Avastin in January due to a stroke. He is now on Xeloda alone. Dosing is 7 on and 7 off due to side effects.

waw4

Re: PET confusion

Postby waw4 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:03 pm

The reading of your husband's PET scan does sound like very good news and I understand why you would wonder about your husband is not feeling as good as the report indicates. I imagine the best thing to do is for you and your husband to discuss this with his oncologist at your next visit. I hope it's continued good news for you both! -Bill
Bill's Colonoscopy 6/29/10; Dx Stage I or II
Surgery 7/15/10; Dx Stage III,15/32 lymph nodes
FOLFOX4 start 9/14/10; end 1/20/11 (9 tx)
2021 dx MSH6 Lynch Syndrome positive
(as are my brother, sister & son, but not daughter)
Grateful for 2nd Chance NED time!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”