Lump in Right Mid Abdomen.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Thoughtless
Facebook Username: Sophie

Lump in Right Mid Abdomen.

Postby Thoughtless » Tue May 08, 2018 10:46 am

Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong section.

I've been having a few issues since the new year. I've lost a stone, feeling incredibly tired, weak, sick (haven't physically been sick), appetite is all over the place, bad bloating and I've found a lump in my stomach a few months ago which has grown recently. The lump is hard longer than it is thin, movable (which Is a good sign) and doesn't hurt but can be uncomfortable as it presses against my ribs. When standing the lump comes is right at the bottom of my right rib cage some is underneath I think. When I sit or lie to the left slightly it feels higher up in my abdomen. When I lie flat or on my right you can't feel it.

I had an ultrasound on my lower abdomen a month back and mentioned to the sonographer about this lump. She c9uld feel it but not see anything but she said she didn't have the right equipment and wasn't the best at the upper ultrasounds and that the doctor may want another doing.

Went to my doctors and she mentioned the lump and could feel it. Originally I was meant to book in with the surgeon but she ran out after me and said she will as wants it done urgently within 2 weeks said possibly a hernia but she was puzzled. A week later went to another doctor as lump felt bigger he thought a possible cyst again wasn't sure probably nothing sinister. Then rung me at 6.30 in the evening telling me he hooked me in for emergency bloods to be done the next day. Saw surgeon a week and a half ago and he asked about colon Cancer in the family. I told him nobody from what I know. He Then said could be something as simple as a floating kidney and that's it. He booked me for a colonoscopy under 'Cancer Referal'so I'd be seen asap. My colonoscopy is in a week. If that shows nothing the a CT will be done. I've been getting dullaches under my right rib cage which goes it my back and right breast the past couple of days.

Not to sure why I'm posting to be honest. I don't think it's anything major. But them rushing everything is making me slightly nervous. I know it's just to be safe.

Does anyone have a clue what it could be? Just getting fed up now and want answers

O Stoma Mia

Re: Lump in Right Mid Abdomen.

Postby O Stoma Mia » Tue May 08, 2018 11:50 am

You mentioned 'hernia'. Have they ruled out a hiatal hernia?

If it's a hernia, a colonoscopy won't help diagnose it. Maybe what you need is a CT scan or an X-ray or an upper endoscopy.

Thoughtless

Postby Thoughtless » Tue May 08, 2018 2:32 pm

A doctor breifly mentioned it may be a hernia but she said she didnt really no. The second doctor said a possible cyst.

The surgeon I went to see didn't have a clue and wanted to do a Colonoscopy before a CT because of the radiation.

Thoughtless

Postby Thoughtless » Wed May 09, 2018 2:19 am

Sorry for the brief reply yesterday. Thank you for your reply.

The first time I heard it could be something to do with my Colon is when the surgeon mentioned it.

The second doctor I saw slobviously mentioned a possible cyst and then mentioned my liver and Gallbladder. Said the kidney was to far down and under the ribs for it to be that.

So don't think any of them really know what it could be. The surgeon didn't mention a Hernia

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”