Gastrogaffin Enema procedure

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
MKC70

Gastrogaffin Enema procedure

Postby MKC70 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:22 am

Hello! Yesterday I went in for a Gastrogaffin enema procedure. It went just fine with no issues, phew! My question though. I used the restroom right after of course to release the gastrogaffin. How long does this feeling of needing to release last. It is the next morning and I am still having discharge. There is no pain, but awkward I guess. It seemed to slow down at night, but now back at it this morning. could it be that since I have not used my rectum for 8 months (ileostomy) it has buildup of stuff and thats why? In my 8 months post surgery (ileostomy) I havent had discharge like I have read from others on here. Not concerned, just curious, thanks

Big Jay

Re: Gastrogaffin Enema procedure

Postby Big Jay » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:51 am

Took about 9hrs for my colon to calm down after the enema. However I think I got the enema stuff out of my system w/in the first few hours. After that it was mainly mucus. If I had a decent buildup of the gunk in just 3mo I'd bet you built up quite a bit more over 8mo.
DX at 45yo 6/9/16, 2.4cm tumor, 9cm from Anal Verge, 6/27/16
Clinical staging IIIC, CEA 3.1 7/1/16
30x Chemorad 8/5/16 - 9/16/16
CT/MRI/Scope => CCR 11/1/16... Rolling the dice on Watch & Wait
Snake Eyes: Tiny regrowth at scar 11/1/17
LAR 1/17/18: Path = 3mm tumor, 0/12 nodes Med Onc doesn't recommend chemo.
Reversal 4/17/18

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”