Lung nodule

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
TXLiz

Lung nodule

Postby TXLiz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:21 am

Hello! Well, got a lung nodule.

It wasn’t there on my scan at MD Anderson 4/17. It’s 7 mm.

Oncologist tomorrow. Our family actually moved from TX to S.C. to be near family. My husband unfortunately had two TIAs in January, and had an abnormal brain MRI. He’s going to see a neurologist soon. We have a son who has autism, and there’s no way we could get through all these super fun health issues in Texas.

We surrendered our home to the mortgage holder. Another fun moment.

Oddly they found the nodule in the ER. I had been losing weight and had altered bowel habits for a few weeks, I thought it was stress. The ER did an X-ray of my abdomen and told me I had a small bowel obstruction. I was so shocked, as my first diagnosis presented with a complete obstruction. Then they did a CT, and said it wasn’t an obstruction but upper small bowel loops that were inflamed from unspecified infection. They gave me cipro and flagyl and sent me home.

I saw oncologist and he didn’t seem to concerned. I demanded an emergency appt with GI doc and he put a child’s scope as far down as he could into my small bowel and found nothing. I still am having bowel issues.

Oddly my negative test for Lynch has now brought new significance. MDA geneticist said while the test itself was negative, my age at diagnosis and all the attributes of my tumor scream Lynch. It is possible it’s “atypical.” It’s possible the test was a false negative. It’s possible that Lynch has different variations they are not aware of yet, or are unable to detect with testing.

Of course I am just numb and resigned. Best wishes to all here. Cancer can F off. It’s terrible and I hate it and am so sorry we all have to experience it. It’s destroying our lives.
Vomiting and blockage 9/19/16 46 y F
R hemi colectomy 9/20/16
Stage 3 B CRC, located in cecum
3 out of 16 lymph nodes positive
perineural invasion/lymphovascular invasion
infiltrating, mod differentiated adenocarcinoma with a mucinous component
separate tumor nodules present in pericolonic adipose tissue
MSI-high
Baseline PET scan clear 9/16 CEA 0.5
FOLFOX 10/16- 3/17
April 16th, CT scan clear. CEA 1.1
Lynch "inconclusive"
Colonoscopy 10/5/2017 clear

susie0915
Facebook Username: Susan DeGrazia Hostetter

Re: Lung nodule

Postby susie0915 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 am

Do they know the nodule is cancer? I had a 4mm nodule show up in my ct scan last April. My oncologist does not believe it is cancer but related to inflammation and scarring in my lungs. I do see a pulmonologist for the inflammation and she ordered 2 scans since to check for growth. So far there has been no change. She said it is too small to biopsy or have a pet scan pick up. She said would have be at least 8mm. So we watch and see if it grows. Yours may be from an infection, or scar tissue. But it is good to follow up and continue checking. Sorry you are not feeling well, hopefully things will get better for you.
58 yrs old Dx @ 55
5/15 DX T3N0MO
6/15 5 wks chemo/rad
7/15 sigmoidoscopy/only scar tissue left
8/15 PET scan NED
9/15 LAR
0/24 nodes
10/15 blockage. surgery,early ileo rev, c-diff inf :(
12/15 6 rds of xelox
5/16 CT lung scarring/inflammation
9/16 clear colonoscopy
4/17 C 4mm lung nod
10/17 pel/abd CT NED
11/17 CEA<.5
1/18 CT/Lung no change in 4mm nodule
5/18 CEA<.5, CT pel/abd/lung NED
11/18 CEA .6
5/19 CT NED, CEA <.5
10/19 Clear colonscopy
11/19 CEA <.5

Utwo

Postby Utwo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:03 pm

In my case they repeated low dose no contrast chest CT scan in 4 months to keep track of progress.
In 4 months size of these nodules decreased a bit and I was told that it was a confirmation that they were due to infection.
58 yo male at diagnosis: T1bN0M0, 0/15 nodes, low grade/moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma
03/2016 colonoscopy: 2 small polyps removed in left colon; CEA = 1.3
04/2016 colonoscopy: caecum sessile 3.5 cm polyp piecemeal removed with kind of clear margins
05/2016 "prophylactic" laparoscopic right hemicolectomy - bleeding, leak, infection
06/2017 CT scan, colonoscopy OK; CEA = 1.6
A lot of funny stuff discovered by CT scans in liver, kidney, lungs, arteries, gallbladder, lymph node, pancreas

Shana

Postby Shana » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:06 am

TXLiz,

I just hated to read your latest news, I'm so sorry and I hope that it's scar tissue or some other benign lung thing. I have a small lung nodule too which has shrunk either because it wasn't cancer or from the ongoing chemo... it's too small to biopsy and treatment would be the same.

I echo your words "Cancer can F off. It’s terrible and I hate it and am so sorry we all have to experience it. It’s destroying our lives."

Will keep you in my thoughts and wishing you the very best outcome!

Shana
DX - 12/16
MSS - KRAS wild
Well-differentiated adenocarcinoma at splenic flexure
Stage IV CC with liver mets
5FU - Failed twice - 1/17 and 3/17
Irinotecan + Cetuximab: 8/17
Irinotecan and Erbitux ran it's course. CEA rising
Primary tumor invaded tail of pancreas and spleen. Liver mets major concern
Y-90 radioembolization on 9/17/18, liver enzyymes have dropped. 10 Radiation treatments to primary tumor completed too. CT scan Nov to assess overall situation...

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”