Request for help sending pm

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Lotus

Request for help sending pm

Postby Lotus » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:39 am

I have tried sending three pm messages. They are all in outbox.....not sent. Can anyone help me?
female age 74
3/21/18Colonoscopy. Dx "rectal mass" colonic adenocarcinoma
3/22/18 Ct scan no metastatic disease
4/1/18 MRI shows left lateral wall thickening of the rectosigmoid junction originating app 13 cm. from the anal verge. Overall lesion 3.5 cm. No progressive adjacent adenopathy.
Depth T2 no lymph node spread.
Stage 1 t2n0
4/16/18 Robotic LAR
2019 colonoscopy normal
5/21 CEA 1.1, up from .8, .9, <0.5 liver enzymes elevated
7/21 CEA 1.2

heiders33

Re: Request for help sending pm

Postby heiders33 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:55 am

I’ve had the same issue and cannot figure it out.
40 year-old female
May 2017: Dx rectal cancer T3N2M0
MSS, KRAS G12D
6/17: 28 days chemorad
9/17: LAR/loop ileostomy, CAPOX six rounds
3/18: reversal
9/18: liver met, resection/HAI pump, 11 rounds 5FU, 1 round FUDR
11/19 - local recurrence, brachytherapy, 3 weeks targeted radiation
12/21 - end colostomy

Eleda
Facebook Username: adele Morgan

Postby Eleda » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:30 am

Think it means that the recipient hasen't opened them yet
SWF, 47
Mom to 3 sons 6/8/12
Dec4th 2017 colonoscopy for minor intermittent rectal bleeding during Summer
CEA 4.4
DX T3 L3C M0 2.5/3 cm above AV.
JAN 3RD started 1650mg Zelda 2xday, with 28 radiation
Did tagamet 800mg daily and 75mg IV VIT C WEEKLY UNTIL SURGERY and
Tumor reduce by 80% 1 LN still remaining
TATME May10th, temp illeostomy
10/07/2018 CEA 3
MMR INTACT
Began FOLFOX July 10th
24/08/2018 Allergic reaction so next infusion lucovorin and 5fu
CEA 4
Second attempt with oxi aug 12th

O Stoma Mia

Postby O Stoma Mia » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:47 am

Lotus wrote:I have tried sending three pm messages. They are all in outbox.....not sent. Can anyone help me?

CRguy wrote:PMs will also sit in your Outbox if the recipient's Inbox is full and they cannot receive any more PMs ( they need to save or clear some out of the Inbox. )... but the usual reason is that the recipient has not logged in yet and opened their message page in the User Control Panel (UCP.) To my knowledge the message does not actually have to be opened and read, just that it has to have made it into the Inbox from the sender's Outbox. At that point it will show as Sent in the sender's UCP.

There are also a few other settings in the UCP which can affect PM deliveries, so if you continue to have issues, PM me or post here again.
Cheers.

Jacques wrote:
CRguy wrote:...Make sure ALL of your PM folders have some room, I have found if any folder is 100% full, the system chokes on that

In my opinion there should be some sort of FAQ on managing Private Messages. Currently, the FAQ library has only three FAQs in the PM area and none of these FAQs pertain to the management of one's PM folders. I think that this would be especially useful for those members who are very active in sending/receiving PMs.

As CRguy has mentioned above, the system may stop receiving or sending your PMs if some of your PM folders are full. Thus, for members who are very active in the PM environment, it would be important for them to periodically check on the size of the PM folders and take appropriate action if any folder is approaching the limit of 100 messages.

• Folder maintenance. A user's default PM configuration has 3 main folders with 100 message limits. The links for checking these are given below. When you click on a link you will see how full that particular folder is right now. You will see a message something like, "Folder is 2% full (2 out of 100 messages stored)". Thus, when you are getting up close to 90 messages stored, then you will need to do something to clear out some space for new messages otherwise any new messages will be blocked, either temporarily or permanently, depending on how your PM options are set.

View messages: Inbox
    http://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox

View messages: Outbox
    http://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=outbox

View messages: Sent messages
    http://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=sentbox

(Note: You can arrange to have up to 4 additional PM folders for storage, and if you have already set up some additional storage folders you should check on the sizes of each of these folders, too.)
  • Verification of your PM settings. If you have checked the size of all your PM folders and are still having problems with PMs, you can check your settings to see if something has been turned off or deactivated. There are two main places where PM-relevant settings are found:

• Other issues. There are several other points to make:

If someone has sent you a PM and has then deleted the PM before you tried to read it, you will not be able to access or read the PM. You will still see a header with the original PM's title, but you will not be able to download the message itself because the message itself no longer exists.

If a member has chosen the option to block all their incoming PMs, you will not be able to send PMs to that particular member.

If your Inbox becomes totally full, you will not receive any notification at all of new PMs arriving, since there is no longer any room to store them. These messages might possibly be kept on the server until you free up some space, but this depends on what options you have in place. So, if you are expecting a PM from someone and you don't receive any notification, it is urgent for you to check whether or not your Inbox is already full.

If your Sent box becomes totally full, then recipients will not be able to open any PMs you are sending to them because there is no longer any room in your Sent folder to store your sent messages.

When you send a PM to someone, the PM will stay in your Outbox until the user is able to download it. Once the user has accessed it and read it, your message will be moved to your Sent folder (if there is any space left there).

• What does the “Delete all board cookies” do?
    “Delete all board cookies” deletes the cookies created by phpBB which keep you authenticated and logged into the board. Cookies also provide functions such as read tracking if they have been enabled by a board administrator. If you are having login or logout problems, deleting board cookies may help.

O Stoma Mia

Postby O Stoma Mia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:34 pm

If you are still having problems with outgoing messages being stuck in your Outbox, what you could do is check the recipient's Profile to see if a date is listed in the Last active: field. In your Outbox, click on the username of the recipient to access their profile page and see their Last active: date. If the recipient has not been active here recently, then that's the reason why the message is still stuck in your Outbox.

But that might not be the only reason. Some users here may have logged in recently but may not have paid attention to the notification field that indicates that there are new messages to be read. This might happen if they are using a mobile device with a very small screen where the font size is so small that they don't even notice the Private messages [1]" field displayed to the left of their username in the upper banner.

But there's even another reason to consider. Many registered users come here to this website regularly but do not bother to log in with their registered Username. When this happens, they are here with the status of Guest, and there is no way that they will ever be notified that they have messages waiting in their account. This is because they need to log in if they want to see if they have any messages waiting. It they just stay as lurkers using the Guest access to the board they will never see a notification that a message has been posted to their account: Lurkers are not in their account when they are accessing the website as Guest, and the system has no way of knowing who they are and whether they might have messages waiting.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”