Advice on Follow-Up due to possible symptons

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Arrack979

Advice on Follow-Up due to possible symptons

Postby Arrack979 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi All,

I would really appreciate the some advice since, in all honestly, I'm pretty freaked out and not thining straight right now. Here's the situation:

~ 2 weeks ago I changed up my diet significantly to try and lose some weight. The result was even more diaherra/loose stools than normal (My new normal after ileostomy reversalhas been sporadic at best and now real pattern). Since I often have issues (ever since reversal) with loose stools/frequency, urgency I often take immodium especially if I'm travelling for work, etc.

Well I was in a situation where no bathroom would be available so I took more immodium than usual and then even more after that when things started rumbling (~ 8-10). Long story short - WAY more than I probably should have. It constipated the crap out of me, going once ~ 3 days later and then not again until the night 2 day after that (normally I'm 2-5x day).

In any case, when I finally went it was hard, dry and hurt, need to strain, etc. felt like my bottom was being ripped apart. There were a couple rounds of this over the evening and then some explosive D, after which I was extremely sore down there.

The issue, is that a few times after this eposide I've noticed a small bit of mucus on the tip of my stool and a senstive/aching anus after BM's. This is totally freaking me out as mucus (although nothing like this) was my initial symptom the first time around (with a change in habits, fatigue, weight loss & tenemus).

Here's the situation - I'm 3 years & 9 months out from diagnosis / 3 years 4 months from surgery. Just had follow-up CEA/CT Scan on 2/26/18 - all clear.
No other symptoms beside mucus and the sore, lingering feel after relieveing myself.

I was already going to GI (~ 2weeks) since I moved to do consult and scehdule colonoscopy for later in year, but will ask to have it done asap.

Given my recent scan and the above - is there anything else I should press/ask for to be done aside from doing the colonoscopy now?

Hoping it's just hemmis, irritation, etc.

Thanks for any advice!!!
35 yo Male
Rectal Cancer IIIb
28 rounds Radiation + Xeloda
TME LAR & temp ileostomy 11/19/2014
yp stage IIIa - 0/19 LN's T3N0M0
FOLFOX - 8 rounds, completed 4/17/2015
Reversal - 7/15/15
CEA: 5.0 pre-treatment; 1.2, 1.3, 1.3, 1.0, 0.9, 1.1, 1.5, 1.3, 1.6 (Change to Roche vs. Bayer)
Scan:10/13/15 - Lung "spot" indeterminable watch and wait (later determined to be a cyst)
Scan: 4/18/16 - Clear
Scan: 4/12/17 - Clear
Scan: 2/26/18 - Clear

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Re: Advice on Follow-Up due to possible symptons

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:35 am

I would ask for your colonoscopy sooner to give you piece of mind.*hugs*
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”