Lotus wrote:... Has anyone here been treated at UPMC? They r ranked v high for many things...not sure abt colon cancer. Any info is welcome and appreciated
Lotus wrote:... Does anyone have suggestions for questions that I should ask surgeon? I am still considering going to Houston for treatment but would prefer to do this here in Greenville....my big concern is location of mass and potential difficulty removing it...
Lotus wrote:... He said the mass is shallow. The mass is located at the rectal sigmoid colon juncture. He said that is a precarious location...
"The endoscopist and the radiologist should not be too overconfident with localisation of the tumour in cases of high rectal or low sigmoidal cancer."
Reference:The localisation of cancer in the sigmoid, rectum or rectosigmoid junction using endoscopy or radiology—What is the most accurate method?
- Polypectomy and local excision
- Local transanal resection (full thickness resection)
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM)
- Total Mesorectal Excision (TME)
- Low anterior resection (LAR) – Open surgery LAR
- Low anterior resection (LAR) – Laparoscopic assisted LAR
- Proctectomy with colo-anal anastomosis
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests