Support please

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Alyce
Facebook Username: montana40387

Support please

Postby Alyce » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:32 pm

I need someone to talk to. My mom was diagnosed on Valentine’s Day with stage 4 colon cay with spots on love, stomach and small intestines. The surgeon give her 6 months to a year. The oncologist said they can give her years. I’m so lost and depression is setting in, I have a big family but they are all hurting to so it’s hard to talk to them. I lost my first husband 8 years ago to a heart attack?i came through that with no medication because I don’t believe medication helps just masks things. I just really need someone to talk to. Thank you

Lee

Re: Support please

Postby Lee » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi and welcome, I'm so very sorry for the reason you are here. I see that you are from Montana (me too, Great Falls). The best advice I can give you is to get 2nd opinions from major cancer hospitals or major cancer treatment centers. Check Billing, Helena & Great Falls for major cancer hospitals. I had a girl friend who would come down here to Phoenix and go to Cancer Treatment Center of America.

Do you know if they did any testing on her tumors. Immunotherapies are going to be the next big break through.

What is the plan of action at the moment for your Mom? Chemo? if yes, what type. Is surgery an option at this time? Please understand, surgery is not always an option at diagnoses, butt after a few rounds of chemo and tumor shrinkage, surgery can be an option again.

How old is your mom, what is her over all health? If she is elderly and not in the best health, maybe light chemo to make her comfortable for a while might be a better option.

So sorry you are here, butt know you have found a place with a wealth of information and support. Avoid Dr. Google, hang around here.

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Re: Support please

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:44 am

I'm so sorry you're going through this and I agree that it's best to get a second opinion if possible.*hugs*
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”