Clinical trial of Stanford's Experiemental Cancer vaccine

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
boswind

Clinical trial of Stanford's Experiemental Cancer vaccine

Postby boswind » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:44 pm

FYI:
Stanford University started recruiting patients with non-Hodgkin Lymphomas for phase 1 clinical trial of their recently announced experimental cancer vaccine.
The clinical trial ID is NCT03410901. The trial description states:
Anticipated Study Start Date : March 1, 2018
Estimated Primary Completion Date : September 1, 2020
Estimated Study Completion Date : September 1, 2020
Furthermore, trial reports will be generated for 24, 48, 72 and 96 weeks.

If I understand correctly, we with other types of cancer may have to wait for quite a while to have a chance joining future rounds of its clinical trials even the cancer vaccine is proven to be effective for Lymphoma.
01.24.14 Male, DX @54 Rectosigmoid Cancer, MRI: T3N0M0
03.19.14 Completed 5-week Radia+Xeloda
05.07.14 Had surgery
02.25.15 CT showed stage 4 inoperable
03.15 - 08.15, folfox + Avastin
08.15 - 07.17, 5FU+leucovorin+Avastin
07.17 - 01.18, Folfuri + Avastin
02.18 - 03.19, Centuximab + Irinotecan
03.19 - 05.19, Keytruda
05.19 - 9.19, Folfox+Avastin
10.19 -01.20: Centuximab+Irinotecan
03.20 - 06.20: STIVARGA
07.20 - present: lonsurf+Avanstin
MSS, KRAS wt, BRAF wt
131 rounds of chemos received (as of 12.31.20)

Lee

Re: Clinical trial of Stanford's Experiemental Cancer vaccine

Postby Lee » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:47 pm

boswind wrote:FYI:
If I understand correctly, we with other types of cancer may have to wait for quite a while to have a chance joining future rounds of its clinical trials even the cancer vaccine is proven to be effective for Lymphoma.

Good question. I think it might depend on the success of the clinical trial. I believe they were letting people with colon cancer get on board with Keytruda when it was still an ongoing trial. I could be wrong, butt If I remember correctly, some cc patients were being treated with it. It has since been approved by the FDA for colon cancer.

What what it is worth, I was getting FOLFOX when it was still a experimental drug. My Onc was able to get me on board, and I was her 1st and only patient getting it for a good 3 month.

The medical field has come a long ways since my diagnoses almost 14 yrs ago. When I was diagnosed, stage III, I was given anywhere between 30% up to 50% of being alive in 5 years. There has been a lot of advancements since then. I can see where some forms of cancer will be curable in the not to distant future.

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Shana

Re: Clinical trial of Stanford's Experiemental Cancer vaccine

Postby Shana » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:23 pm

Lee wrote:
boswind wrote:FYI:

Good question. I think it might depend on the success of the clinical trial. I believe they were letting people with colon cancer get on board with Keytruda when it was still an ongoing trial. I could be wrong, butt If I remember correctly, some cc patients were being treated with it. It has since been approved by the FDA for colon cancer.

What what it is worth, I was getting FOLFOX when it was still a experimental drug. My Onc was able to get me on board, and I was her 1st and only patient getting it for a good 3 month.

The medical field has come a long ways since my diagnoses almost 14 yrs ago. When I was diagnosed, stage III, I was given anywhere between 30% up to 50% of being alive in 5 years. There has been a lot of advancements since then. I can see where some forms of cancer will be curable in the not to distant future.

Your survival and encouragement gives all of us hope! Thank you Lee!

Lee
DX - 12/16
MSS - KRAS wild
Well-differentiated adenocarcinoma at splenic flexure
Stage IV CC with liver mets
5FU - Failed twice - 1/17 and 3/17
Irinotecan + Cetuximab: 8/17
Irinotecan and Erbitux ran it's course. CEA rising
Primary tumor invaded tail of pancreas and spleen. Liver mets major concern
Y-90 radioembolization on 9/17/18, liver enzyymes have dropped. 10 Radiation treatments to primary tumor completed too. CT scan Nov to assess overall situation...

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”