Stopped Clustering!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
LimitlessPossibility

Stopped Clustering!

Postby LimitlessPossibility » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:40 am

Hi all, I have never posted before, but I wanted to now in the hopes that I can help some of you. I had my low anterior resection done in August, had a temporary illeostomy as I healed, and was reconnected in late December 2017. Much of my rectum was removed. Until last week, I suffered from clustering--but only at night. My sleep was horrible and I was on the brink of total despair. For some weeks, I was taking a heaping tsp of psyllium fiber in 2 oz. water after lunch and dinner and, as recommended by the MD Anderson protocol so many of you have referenced, and avoided water for an hour after eating in an effort to hold things together. Nothing seemed to be helping. About four days ago, I switched to a low fiber diet for my lunch and dinner meals and I am an entirely new woman! I eat whatever I want for breakfast (typically yogurt, walnuts, and an apple or berries), and then seriously limit my fiber intake for the rest of the day. I have been successful in keeping my bowel movements to the morning with this regimen. Hope this helps some of you.

heiders33

Re: Stopped Clustering!

Postby heiders33 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:52 pm

That’s great! Good to know as I just had my reversal surgery this morning. I’m planning to keep a food and output and exercise log that O Stoma Mia recommended.
40 year-old female
May 2017: Dx rectal cancer T3N2M0
MSS, KRAS G12D
6/17: 28 days chemorad
9/17: LAR/loop ileostomy, CAPOX six rounds
3/18: reversal
9/18: liver met, resection/HAI pump, 11 rounds 5FU, 1 round FUDR
11/19 - local recurrence, brachytherapy, 3 weeks targeted radiation
12/21 - end colostomy

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”