Acupuncture or Chiropractic Therapy for Post cancer gi issues and pain

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
sarah0451

Acupuncture or Chiropractic Therapy for Post cancer gi issues and pain

Postby sarah0451 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:36 am

I was diagnosed with Stage 2b adenocarcinoma of the colon in April of 2016. Had a hemicholectomy and completed 12 rounds of FolFox in November of 2016. By June of 2017, I was feeling great and back to my old self. This lasted briefly. Mid-August of 2017, I woke up one night in horrible abdominal pain. After many doctors visits and tests, a recurrence has been ruled out thankfully. I had my gallbladder removed, scar tissue removed, and a nerve block which has reduced the pain so that I can function. However, I am still having some pain and discomfort. I can only eat small quantities of food and have to take 2 capfuls of Miralax a day. My diet is also very limited. I am feeling ok, but could be feeling better. Looking at chiropractic or acupuncture therapy to see if they may help. Has anyone else had similar issues or success with these therapies? Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated.

behconsult

Re: Acupuncture or Chiropractic Therapy for Post cancer gi issues and pain

Postby behconsult » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Sorry you are having to deal with this. Neither profession IMO. Has your doc looked at scans for adhesions? With the gallbladder removed there is frequently modifications in diet needed (type of foods and not the quantity per se).
Stage 4 Age 56 BrafV660E 5/14
spot on perit/ Right side tumor
Resctn 6/9/2014
Folfox strt 7/2014. 6 of 12 tx
Chemo induced DM2
Pet 4 mets to lung (1 cm, 6 mm) Xeloda/Avastin 9/16 to present.
Cryo-ablation to four spots- Collapsed lung/chest tube 2x
Possible local recurrence in a spot or two on PET. Stable CT

sarah0451

Re: Acupuncture or Chiropractic Therapy for Post cancer gi issues and pain

Postby sarah0451 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:27 am

Yes, I had laproscopic surgery to rule out cancer of the peritoneum. They found some areas of scar tissue that they removed, but no adhesions. I have made many diet modifications, including gluten free. Now I am trying low FODMAPS. We'll see if that helps! Thanks!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”