Mucinous adenocarcinoma colon stage IV

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Ozland123

Mucinous adenocarcinoma colon stage IV

Postby Ozland123 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi, I'm new here. Seeking information from anyone who has been diagnosed with mucinous adenocarcinoma of the colon. My fiance has just been diagnosed with mets to the liver and any hope or help would be most appreciated!

O Stoma Mia

Re: Mucinous adenocarcinoma colon stage IV

Postby O Stoma Mia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:43 pm

Ozland123 wrote:Hi, I'm new here. Seeking information from anyone who has been diagnosed with mucinous adenocarcinoma of the colon. My fiance has just been diagnosed with mets to the liver and any hope or help would be most appreciated!

I have not been diagnosed with mucinous adenocarcinoma, but others on this forum have had such diagnoses:

O Stoma Mia wrote:
    Sutapa wrote:My mother (70 yrs) has been diagnosed Mucinous Adeno Carcinoma -Low grade (well differentiated to moderately differentiated)-pT4aN2bM0 and undergone Radical Right Hemicolectomy with Mesenteric Lymhadenectomy on 14.04.2014.
    Tumor location: Above peritoneal reflection.
    Lymph-Vascular Invasion-presnt
    Perineural Invasion-Present
    Tumor deposits(discontinuous extramural extension)-Present
    Number of lymph node examined-26
    Number of lymph node involved-9

Can anyone post about it's graveness or survival time or treatment

Hello Sutapa - I'm sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis. I do not have any personal experience with this particular diagnosis, but there are some resources on the internet that deal with it.

Here is a slideshow that shows Mucinous Adeno Carcinoma in Slide #7. In the slide you can see the accumulation of mucous in the cells:
    Cancer cell type - Slide Show
    Slide 1: Colonic adenomatous polyp.
    Slide 2: Invasive colonic adenocarcinoma.
    Slide 3: Invasive colonic adenocarcinoma into pericolonic adipose tissue
    Slide 4: Colonic large-cell neuroendocrine carcinoma.
    Slide 5: Signet ring-cell colonic adenocarcinoma.
    Slide 6: Pleomorphic (anaplastic) colonic adenocarcinoma.
    Slide 7: Colonic mucinous adenocarcinoma.
    Slide 8: Ulcerated colonic lymphoma.
    Slide 9: Lymphoma of the colon with a monotonous lymphoid proliferation.
    Slide 10: Colonic lymphoma with marked presence of eosinophils.

The graveness of the situation is discussed briefly in the http://www.mucinousadenocarcinoma.com/ website, specifically, here: Mucinous Adenocarcinoma of the Colon and Rectum. To get a better idea of the prognosis for your mother, I think you would have to discuss all the details with a colorectal cancer doctor.

There might be someone on the message board here who has more specific experience to report, but we are not doctors here.

Ozland123

Re: Mucinous adenocarcinoma colon stage IV

Postby Ozland123 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:03 am

Thank you!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”