Scheduled for sigmoidoscopy

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Valeesh

Scheduled for sigmoidoscopy

Postby Valeesh » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:49 pm

Hi

I have been having stomach pain for past 8 months. 2 weeks back I had black stool with fresh blood in the potty. Also I have been having thin ribbon like stool for few weeks. Doctor had suggested for sigmoidoscopy and endoscopy next week but the wait is unbearable . I am 40 years old. Any experts have any thoughts about it?

O Stoma Mia

Re: Scheduled for sigmoidoscopy

Postby O Stoma Mia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:22 am

O Stoma Mia wrote:For your up-coming colonoscopy, here are some sources you can read in preparation. The most important point is to follow the prep instructions carefully in order to insure a "squeaky clean" colon that will allow the doctor to see all of the details clearly. If your problem is indeed in the rectum or colon, the doctor will be able to see what it is and take pictures of the affected area.

Colonoscopy - What to Expect

10 Questions You Need to Ask About Colonoscopy

Frequently Asked Questions About Colonoscopy and Sigmoidoscopy

Colonoscopy preparation guide UnivMich

Frequently Asked Questions about Colonoscopy

Common Colonoscopy Questions... Answered!

Ask About The Quality Of Your Colonoscopy It Matters

Sample colonoscopy prep instructions
http://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53348&p=422050#p422050

Colonoscopy Prep Tips
https://fightcolorectalcancer.org/blog/colonoscopy-prep-tips/

There are several options for prep solution, some of which are easier to handle than others. You can ask your doctor to prescribe one of the less distasteful ones

Colonoscopy Prep Solutions
http://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58394&p=460250#p460250

AppleTree

Re: Scheduled for sigmoidoscopy

Postby AppleTree » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:53 am

I had a sig scope not that long ago. Blood on poo, often pencil thin output, one time a pool of blood came out of me. Sounded to me like a tumor had come back even though I am currently on Folfox. GI DR diagnosed me over the phone as bleeding hemeroids and called in an RX for a cream. Oh, I was annoyed. Picked up the cream and started using it. Called DR office back and insisted on the sig scope. Had to wait a few weeks and diagnosis was...non bleeding internal hemorrhoids. The cream worked. Just the same, with my history, I am going to push for every test that gives me peace of mind. Try not to worry until you get the results. Hugs.
Diag Feb 5, 2016 Age 45
3 cm tumor 5 cm from verge
Radiation + Xeloda pills - 3000mg 5x week
3/14 - 4/16 - 25 sessions
Shrank just over 50% L nodes 0/13
Remove rectum with temp Ileo 6/17
Reversal 7/20 due to infection
Acute hepatitis August. Chemo cancelled
June to September 2016 - 58 days in hospital

6/16, MRI shadow in lung
Pet - 6.6mm Met in Upper R lobe
7/30 VAT surgery Mass General/Boston