Cannot decide whether to do targeted therapy are not

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Sheila08
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:57 am

Cannot decide whether to do targeted therapy are not

Postby Sheila08 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:18 am

Hi everyone

Our story started on 6 nov 2017. My husband had acute abdominal pain after lot of investigation ,ct scan doctors were unable to determine the exact cause for rhe pain. Thus they go for exploratory surgery. Verdict a perforated colon: infiltrating mucin secreting sigmoid cancer with signet ring (src)feature(aggressive) and positive margin. No lymph node or metastate. He is categorized high risk patient

Currently he is on his 3rd round chemo(capetabine and oxalipatin). In my country we do not have targeted therapy and to this therapy we have to go to india. We have already done some mutation analysis(nras,kras, braf ) : result is not detected for all .

My question since he is a high risk patient(tumour perforation , +ve margin & src) do we go for targeted therapy. Please note since this treatement is unavailable in mauritius we have to travel to indian hospital.

Also the duration of the therapy.

lkub
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:14 am

Re: Cannot decide whether to do targeted therapy are not

Postby lkub » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:32 pm

Attack it with everything available! My husband's is SRC and it came back with a vengeance.
DH-stage 3b rectal signet ring cell dx 11/15 age 41
rad/xeloda 12/15-1/16
total colectomy&ileo(jpouch) 3/16
4/16 CEA 0.6
oxali&xeloda 3/16-8/16
clean CT 9/16 NED
10/16 reversal
4/17 CEA 1.4
10/17 CEA 44.4
10/17 CT mets to nodes peritoneum pelvis-stage 4
10/17 biopsy KRAS/BRAF/NRAS wild
11/17 port
11/17 FOLFIRI+erb
1/18 Erb failed CT mets spine/pelvis
2/18 stent ureteral obst
2/18 FOLFIRI+Avastin
3/18 small bowel obstr
3/18 CEA 114
4/18 FOLFOX+Vbix FAILED
5/18 ascites
6/18 hospice
Lynch neg

Lee
Posts: 5557
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: Cannot decide whether to do targeted therapy are not

Postby Lee » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:33 pm

If you are able to travel, yes you might want to check it out now as a possible back up plan. If the chemo proves to not be working, yes do consider it. OR . . .

Here is a thread you might want to read. "TIL Imunotherapy at NCI"

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49736

Maybe something to consider if you can travel to the USA

Good luck,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 10 years and counting!


Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: stu and 24 guests