Marijuana is helping with my bathroom trips

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
littledonnieb

Marijuana is helping with my bathroom trips

Postby littledonnieb » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Long after the "cure", I am left with the "new normal." I mean after the surgery, chemo, radiation, and attempt at giving me pills, I found myself in what I thought was an unmanageable lifestyle. So I thought I'd share my symptoms and how medical marijuana came to my rescue. Here's my story:

Once my initial "spin cycle" ended and I assumed life as the cards have been dealt, my bathroom trip necessity was getting way out of control. I mean even the sight or smell of food triggered my body's urge to purge. And not to mention the hell I experience just after eating a meal. And then there are those middle of the night urges that just wouldn't go away. What I'm typing about is what colon cancer survivors call "clustering." When my urge to go #2 occurs, the old days of taking a dump and moving on are over. Instead, my body repeats the urge to go about every few minutes with output each time about the size of a bottle cap. This means that I cannot leave the path to the bathroom for even a minute until the cycle ends...and that often takes hours! Then there are those middle of the night urges that just won't "get the job done" and let me go back to sleep. Oh no...the urge to go #2 persists for hours! But I found a God-sent relief....medical marijuana.

Without fail, every time my "clustering" begins or gets out of control, one puff off the pipe and the urge to go #2 is completely gone. For instance - when I wake up in the middle of the night and the trips to the bathroom dominates with little output or relief, I just take a toke and in a single minute, I am back to sleep for hours. The same is true with eating a meal. My urge to go #2 just won't go away until I take a single toke. IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!

I am hoping that others out there will read this post and chime in with similar stories or find relief as I have. Not a single doctor has heard of such a treatment and give me that medical stink-eye when I tell my story. But whatever....it works!

Thanks for reading,
Donnie B
Woodland Park, Colorado
Donnie, 53
Stage 2 rectal cancer - low in the rectum
Radiation and Chemo - Feb-April 2010
Surgery on 6/21/2010
Takedown on 10/29/2010
Recovering in the Rocky Mountains - Woodland Park, CO
Suffering from being chronically pathetic :)

bitchslapped

Re: Marijuana is helping with my bathroom trips

Postby bitchslapped » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Glad you found something that works for you & decided to share.

Best Wishes
BS
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07, lvr, billiary tree fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

zephyr

Postby zephyr » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:32 am

Thanks for posting the tip.
Nov-2009 Early stage CRC, routine colonoscopy
2010-2014 F/U colonoscopies, all clear
Jun-2016 CRC during F/U colonoscopy, surgery, Stage 4, KRAS, MSS
Aug-2016-May-2018 Folfox, 5FU, Folfiri & Avastin
Aug/Sep-2018 YAG laser surgeries (Germany), 11 nodules removed
Nov-2018 clean CT scan
Mar-2019 New lung nodules
Apr-2019 Dec-2020 Xeloda/Avastin, SBRT, cont. Xeloda/Avastin
Mar-2021 Forfiri/Avastin
Mar-2022 Ablation & Thoracotomy
Feb-2023 Folfiri & Avastin
Nov-2023 Xeloda & Avastin

texazgal

Postby texazgal » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:12 pm

Lucky for you that you live in a state where this is possible to obtain. Not everyone can get it. You'd be busted by our city cops for even having a little bit of it. I've never tried it, but know that medical benefits from it can be amazing.
DX rectal cancer Aug 04
Surgery Sept 04, perm ostomy, "BarbieButt" Sept 23, 04.
June 2019 stage 3 esophageal cancer
Aug. 2019 28 radiations, 5 chemo
Nov. PET shows original tumor and mets resolved, 2 new mets in liver and bone.
May 2020 port installed, started Folfox hope to do 12 rounds, cure not expected
Keytruda April 2021 8 rounds
scan showed small growth in tumors
Paclitaxol started summer 2021.
Scan July 30, 2021 showed small decrease in size of tumors in liver and bone

livelongerthanmydog

Postby livelongerthanmydog » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:26 am

Whenever I mention marijuana, my doctor will roll his eyeballs and simply ignores me. I live in Taiwan, and these doctors never think out of the box. I have asked my sister, who lives in Australia to order some cannabis oil for me instead. You are so lucky to live in the state that the possession of marijuana (both medical and recreational) is legal.

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:39 am

On the advice of my family physician, I've recently started taking CBD oil for insomnia. It really seems to make a difference. Still wake up a lot, butt now I'm able to get back to sleep right away. Hoping for anti-inflammatory effects to kick in. Lots of potential with this.

Best Wishes,
peanut
female, diagnosed Jan 14, RC stage 2a, age 56
MSS
April 14, 28 chemo/rad with Xeloda
June 14 adjuvant Xeloda 6 rounds
currently NED

Brearmstrong

Postby Brearmstrong » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:57 pm

I use medical marijuana with high levels of THC and CBD and can honestly say that there is no way I could be getting through chemo without it. Thanks for sharing that tip! Glad you are cured and well!

Brenda
50 F diag 1/17
Muc Adeno 4cm
mod diff G2 T4aN2
nodes 8/50
CEA 4.6 after surgery <.05
KRAS G12D MSS
FOLFOX Apr-sep 17
Nov 17 PET p aortic nodes Stage IV
Folfori w/avastin
May 18 surgery on nodes xeloda 2yr
Aug 18-May 20 NED
July 20 hysterectomy
July 21 vats right lung
Clinical trial- failed liver Mets biopsy shows now poorly differentiated carcinoma.
HAI pump at MSK may 2022
Nov met to pancreas- causing pain
Radiation ablation to pancreas Dec 22
New lung Mets watch and wait

sadysue

Postby sadysue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:11 pm

Thanks for posting this. I have tried THC and CBD. The THC naturally makes me feel much better but unfortunately it easily puts me to sleep. So I am reluctant to use it during the day. I tried CBD oil for about two months last year, hoping that it would help with pain, clustering and inflammation ~ unfortunately it did nothing for me. Recently a friend told me about his source for THC oil in homemade cookies, honey, brownies, etc. He purchased it for his 23 year old son who had testicular and stomach cancer and it worked miracles to help this young guy get through several surgeries and chemo/rad treatment. So my next try will be the homemade goodies with THC oil. I guess I'll start out small and work my way up to finding just how much I can take to get relief without making me sleepy. Hopefully I can take it in the morning and it will keep me out of the bathroom (I'm in it for hours in the AM) and get on with my day :D
Rectal dx 4/2011 (Stage 3B - T3N1M0)
5FU/Rad - daily/6 wks ending 6/2011
Surgery 8/19/2011
Finished 8 rounds Folfox 2/2012
Ileo reverse and port out 3/2012
NED

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”