CT Scan results not good

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Rochelle

CT Scan results not good

Postby Rochelle » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:05 pm

The CT scan from this week showed a small increase in liver mets and lung. Erbitux and Irenotecan was the treatment for 3 months prior to the scan. Previously Folfox 4 for 1 year-Oxaliplatin, Leucovorin, including Avastin for 6 months during that time.

After the scan results, the Onocologist elected to use the Folfox 4 regimen with Avastin, keeping Erbitux in the treatment. In the interim, medical records will be forwarded to to Mayo Clinic in order to concur with their opinions.

Moving forward, staying focused on the things which can be done for my body physically and nutritionally, in addition to exploring different treatment options is essential. Anyone who says that this is a "very aggressive disease; feel fortunate that we have been able to fight it for this long-April 2005" is a response that is not good enough.

Thank you Kevin for your previous response. Hope everyone else is FIGHTING this @*#!&%? and doing well.

Rochelle

missj

ct scan results not good

Postby missj » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:24 pm

hi rochelle,
sorry to hear of your news. wow you have been on chemo for a long time it looks like. i was just diagnosed stage 4 2 months ago. i have had 3 chemos so far with oxaliplatin, avastin, 5fu. i have 3 more chemos before scan to see if stuff is working. i have 3 small mets on my liver and pet scan was clear for all other areas. i am going to have liver resected after 1st round of chemo and avastin leaves my system, then after surgery another round of chemo. was surgery an option for you? hope all goes well.
missj

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”